SMG adaptation - what INPA version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

If the bleed procedures fail I would think that would indicate a hydraulic pressure leak either in the pump itself or in the seals of the slave and/or actuator.
    Is 64 good? Do I need to leave INPA monitoring for about 5 - 10 mins to see if there is a leak?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BMWAnalog1_pressure.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	170191
    17 iO1 i3
    16 F22 M235i
    08 E93 M3
    04 E46 M3 Carbon Schwarz - SMG II - Discovery Automotive tuned - AFE Stage 2 - SS Stepped - SS Metallic Cats - Eisenmann X-pipe - SS Race - 4.10 - ACS CF lip - 6000K Heads & Fogs - Tein S

Comment

Originally posted by Da Jemster View Post

Is 64 good? Do I need to leave INPA monitoring for about 5 - 10 mins to see if there is a leak?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BMWAnalog1_pressure.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	170191
      64 is okay for a steady state value. However, when priming the pump should reach 80 bar before turning off. So wait until the pressure drops to 45 and you should hear the pump prime again and see it go all the way up to 80 again.

Comment

Also just noticed that your batt voltage seems low. During SMG adaptation you should try and keep the batt voltage between 12.5 and 13.5

Comment

Thx! I just noticed that. Weird, I've always had my Deltran hooked-up during the tests. This go-around it was at 12.1. As for the pump, I waited 3 times - it would drop to 48 and only go up to 66 bar. Would a hydraulic pressure leak in the pump or in the seals have visual signs outside? I didn't see any leaks outside the reservoir or pump.

I really think the used EBay actuator I got may not be working as well because the (1) Bleed Actuator tests failed "break at: bleeding the gearbox actuator" with Die Endlage (5.Gang) ist nicht einlegbar. Today, (2) Bleed Clutch test failed "Auswertung Positionsgeber Schaltweg" and ""Auswertung Positionsgeber Waehlwinkel". (3) Adaptation tests fails "break at: Adapt gearbox" with "Die Schaltwegmitte laesst sich nicht einregeln"

17 iO1 i3
          16 F22 M235i
          08 E93 M3
          04 E46 M3 Carbon Schwarz - SMG II - Discovery Automotive tuned - AFE Stage 2 - SS Stepped - SS Metallic Cats - Eisenmann X-pipe - SS Race - 4.10 - ACS CF lip - 6000K Heads & Fogs - Tein S

Comment

just try to edit the menu ini file to assign the special tool,
            attached an ini file FYR
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chalaka View Post
              just try to edit the menu ini file to assign the special tool,
              attached an ini file FYR
              Thx for the .ini file! I'm able to access the "special tools" now after I installed the version eacmen recommended (https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/m...ackage.879366/)
              17 iO1 i3
              16 F22 M235i
              08 E93 M3

Comment

It just won't shift to any gear after replacing the encoder shaft.
                you meant the input shaft speed sensor?

Comment

I've always had my Deltran hooked-up during the tests. This go-around it was at 12.1. As for the pump, I waited 3 times - it would drop to 48 and only go up to 66 bar.
                  The pump draws very high current (what is the SMG fuse rating -- 40A?)
                  Unless the charger is 15A or higher, it might not be enough to keep the battery fully charged and 11.9 or lower voltage the pump might not have enough speed to create higher pressure.
                  Last edited by sapote; 06-02-2022, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
                    you meant the input shaft speed sensor?
                    Did I call it incorrectly? From the PM with you, wasn't it called " gear shift actuator encoder shaft"
                    17 iO1 i3
                    16 F22 M235i
                    08 E93 M3

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post

The pump draws very high current (what is the SMG fuse rating -- 40A?)
                      Unless the charger is 15A or higher, it might not be enough to keep the battery fully charged and 11.9 or lower voltage the pump might not have enough speed to create higher pressure.
                      I'mma try a different charger
                      17 iO1 i3
                      16 F22 M235i
                      08 E93 M3

Comment

I'mma try a different charger
                        A healthy battery should be able to handle the test without a charger. I have a tiny lithium battery and im able to get through the tests no problem without a charger/maintainer connected. I would get your battery tested.

Comment

Thx! I just noticed that. Weird, I've always had my Deltran hooked-up during the tests. This go-around it was at 12.1. As for the pump, I waited 3 times - it would drop to 48 and only go up to 66 bar. Would a hydraulic pressure leak in the pump or in the seals have visual signs outside? I didn't see any leaks outside the reservoir or pump.

I really think the used EBay actuator I got may not be working as well because the (1) Bleed Actuator tests failed "break at: bleeding the gearbox actuator" with Die Endlage (5.Gang) ist nicht einlegbar. Today, (2) Bleed Clutch test failed "Auswertung Positionsgeber Schaltweg" and ""Auswertung Positionsgeber Waehlwinkel". (3) Adaptation tests fails "break at: Adapt gearbox" with "Die Schaltwegmitte laesst sich nicht einregeln"
                          Internal seals in the pump would have no visible outside indication of a leak. Even seals in the clutch or actuator may not have a visible hydraulic leak but they may be pulling in air.

you can get seals for the pump and actuator. Not sure how to install seals in the actuator tho. You can find DIY for the pump rebuild here: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...mp-rebuild-diy

Comment

Working...
                          X