MAP sensor wiring help PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post

This is what I did. IAT was done with the turner harness and I removed the extra pins so the only two being used are from the IAT sensor and those convert into the maf connector using only the respective dme pins. Basically a direct connection to the dme but without having to hack the maf harness for easy reversion.

FYI the wires should be black and red only. I had to hack a spare terminal because one of them broke upon removal if you're trying replicate this based on color.

Initial Turner harness

Click image for larger version

Name:	61233908913__9D9F399D-0383-415B-8385-D3A2800B084C 2.20.55 PM.jpeg
Views:	759
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	32802

Unnecessary terminals removed:

Name:	IMG_6376 2.20.55 PM.jpeg
Views:	738
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	32803

Also removed:

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6381.jpeg Views:	72 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	29667

Done: (Should be red and black only. FYI: I broke the black terminal and had to crimp on the yellow connector if anyone needs this for reference)

Name:	IMG_6379 2.20.55 PM.jpeg
Views:	727
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	32804
    Can you elaborate on how the Kassel MAP sensor would play with this harness modification? So if you have a Kassel MAP + Turner IAT... what wires go where from start to finish? I feel like I have an idea, but for the purposes of making this known here on the forum may be helpful to know to document for others.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
    2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Can someone confirm the Bosch 0 261 230 101 Map sensor works with CSL software? I think it's the one Kassel uses and they say it's CSL scaling on their site but when I look up that part number it's listed for a bunch of GM vehicles. I want to make sure I order the correct one.

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Ramps View Post
        Can someone confirm the Bosch 0 261 230 101 Map sensor works with CSL software? I think it's the one Kassel uses and they say it's CSL scaling on their site but when I look up that part number it's listed for a bunch of GM vehicles. I want to make sure I order the correct one.

TIA
        That’s the correct one.
        06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post

Can you elaborate on how the Kassel MAP sensor would play with this harness modification? So if you have a Kassel MAP + Turner IAT... what wires go where from start to finish? I feel like I have an idea, but for the purposes of making this known here on the forum may be helpful to know to document for others.
          Essentially just bypassed the adapter to the MAF harness and wired the IAT directly to the DME pins. Honestly if I had known when I got my airbox, I would have just made my own IAT harness for less and ended up with the same result but less headaches to get to this same point. It's literally two pins and you don't have to modify the factory harness at all. Aka easier to revert back to stock if ever needed.
          2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Guys, does someone have Testo version with MSS54 Serial to check map sensor? I've downloaded last version and it seems that there is no Vanos bookmark with map parameters
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BMWfanz View Post
              Guys, does someone have Testo version with MSS54 Serial to check map sensor? I've downloaded last version and it seems that there is no Vanos bookmark with map parameters
              So when you click "MAP preasure" over on the left it's doesn't graph or what? It looks like it's producing some kind of reading in your pic.
              "MAP mbar = 1006"
              "MAP V = 4.1"

Looks like your seeing MAP readings no?
              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

So when you click "MAP preasure" over on the left it's doesn't graph or what? It looks like it's producing some kind of reading in your pic.
                "MAP mbar = 1006"
                "MAP V = 4.1"

Looks like your seeing MAP readings no?
                Mine looks like this, no Vanos bookmark
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BMWfanz View Post

Mine looks like this, no Vanos bookmark
                  I guess I'm a confused as to what you are trying to do with testo, you stated you wanted to check your MAP sensor, in your first picture you can clearly see both MAP mbar and MAP v values being read out.

Also, you have the vanos tab open as well in your first photo. You just need to click on the little boxes to the left of "MAP mbar" and "MAP v" to see the values..

Instagram

Comment

I guess I'm a confused as to what you are trying to do with testo, you stated you wanted to check your MAP sensor, in your first picture you can clearly see both MAP mbar and MAP v values being read out.

Also, you have the vanos tab open as well in your first photo. You just need to click on the little boxes to the left of "MAP mbar" and "MAP v" to see the values..
                    Disregard the first picture, his is only the second pic. First pic was for reference. I’m not in the country to check my laptop and or file.
                    06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Got it, BMWfanz, your selection of mss54 serial is correct, I'll see if I can't load up testo and tell you how to get to where you need to be.

Is the 2nd photo yours? If so the status_vanos_1 is it I do believe. Sorry for the confusion.

Instagram

Comment

First screen is what I need- second is what I have in my Testo.

Comment

Got it, BMWfanz, your selection of mss54 serial is correct, I'll see if I can't load up testo and tell you how to get to where you need to be.

Is the 2nd photo yours? If so the status_vanos_1 is it I do believe. Sorry for the confusion.
                          Will try to make a video, maybe I do something wrong with laptop settings

Comment

Hey, what’s the solution? Both my pin 16 and 18 are occupied

Comment

Originally posted by Svicker View Post
                              Hey, what’s the solution? Both my pin 16 and 18 are occupied
                              Splice into them

Comment

Name:	image.png
Views:	185
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	226037​The noisy or pulsing voltage: does the pulsing or oscillation signal affect the engine running? The graphs were plotted by the data recorder which got the data from the DME(after signal preconditioned and filtered before A/D converter and maybe some software digital filter in the code)? It's hard to think this noisy data doesn't affect the engine unless the DME doesn't use it or only a small percent of it. Have anyone measured the signal voltage with a scope to confirm it has the same noise as the graphs above?
                                To check if the DME use this signal: remove the signal wire (pin18) off the sensor and manually changing the voltage from 1.5v (idling) to 4v (WOT) -- one can use a variable resistor POT with one end to sensor GND and the other end to sensor 5v -- with the engine idling and running at 3000rpm, and see what is the effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X