Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever go a size up on sidewalls with stock wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K_M3 View Post

The second car is actually a M760. Not trying to match it, just trying to take the edge off the M3.
    The word "edge" makes me think you're on worn components, worn tires or both. When I thought mine had too much edge it was the worn, crusty summer tires the car was still wearing. Got rid of those and a lot of the "edge" was gone but it seemed a bit "wobbly" in high speed turns. Put on new OEM rear shocks, all happy. And I'm on 19" 67s but weight is not my issue with this car -- I couldn't care less.

maw

Comment

With proper shocks/springs and 18's with standard sidewall you can get all the compliance you need.

Comment

I'd say tire choice makes as big a difference as anything else you can do. Go with PS4 or Contis imo
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

The word "edge" makes me think you're on worn components, worn tires or both. When I thought mine had too much edge it was the worn, crusty summer tires the car was still wearing. Got rid of those and a lot of the "edge" was gone but it seemed a bit "wobbly" in high speed turns. Put on new OEM rear shocks, all happy. And I'm on 19" 67s but weight is not my issue with this car -- I couldn't care less.

maw
          Thanks for this input, this sounds exactly where I am. Car is 11/2004 build date and is on all original suspension/bushings. Also rocking a set of OE 19s with PSS from 2014. Now I'm looking into a total suspension refresh.

Comment

Thanks for this input, this sounds exactly where I am. Car is 11/2004 build date and is on all original suspension/bushings. Also rocking a set of OE 19s with PSS from 2014. Now I'm looking into a total suspension refresh.
            Yeah damn near all that's gotta go😂. All jokes aside, your fronts might be fine, but beware the rears don't outwardly show leaks to tell you they're done. They're just done.

maw

Comment

I tried this. I placed 235's with my Tien and they were rubbing. I uninstalled it and listed it the next day. Within a week someone bought it in the old M3Forum.
              17 iO1 i3
              16 F22 M235i
              08 E93 M3
              04 E46 M3 Carbon Schwarz - SMG II - Discovery Automotive tuned - AFE Stage 2 - SS Stepped - SS Metallic Cats - Eisenmann X-pipe - SS Race - 4.10 - ACS CF lip - 6000K Heads & Fogs - Tein S

Comment

Oh yeah. You’re due. I might just do a fresh OE or Koni Yellow refresh and keep the same tires just to see the difference. You might just decide to keep the 19s and replace the tires.

if it still feels rough with those old tires beyond reason then I’d consider 18s. Though, all the old reviews do call out more harshness with the 19s. EricSMG from the old board went really deep on the 18s vs 19s comparison. He loved the look of the 19s but preferred the ride of the 18s. He went back and fourth A LOT.

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post
                  EricSMG from the old board went really deep on the 18s vs 19s comparison. He loved the look of the 19s but preferred the ride of the 18s. He went back and fourth A LOT.
                  Wow, who are you? I asked Eric back circa 2006 about doing KY's and Dinan's, and have been on them ever since. He was pretty much the E46 M suspension guru back in the day on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo's M View Post
                    Wow, who are you? I asked Eric back circa 2006 about doing KY's and Dinan's, and have been on them ever since. He was pretty much the E46 M suspension guru back in the day on the board.
                    Ha! I was on the old board as ‘DodgeStratus’. Not an incredibly large poster, but I love collating the information, haha. Where I can add I do.

Eric still around? Last I know he was working with PhatCat on the e46 suspension stuff.

Comment

Oh sure, I remember you! As far as Eric, I haven't seen him post in many years. He was a class act here, and a wealth of knowledge on what was still a new platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo's M View Post
                        Oh sure, I remember you! As far as Eric, I haven't seen him post in many years. He was a class act here, and a wealth of knowledge on what was still a new platform.
                        Always great to reconnect. I just can’t seem to get the e46 platform out of my veins, but I’m not trying to hard to get rid of it either :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X