Rock Damage on Fender / Wheel Damage - Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might be getting charged the ///M tax

we have a guy local in Texas that takes care of all our local members and he said that’s <$100
    hope you find someone closer to you

as for the wheel, $75 is solid just make sure they can match the oe paint. That’s something you can leave for the future too unless it bothers you knowing it’s there. Never know if you damage more in the future and have to get it done again. If/when you decide to sell it one day, I’d get it done right before you do that so it’s perfect for images
    2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

Sorry to hear.
      I did find a wheel guy for 75 bucks and he does the wheels for a bmw dealer
      That's worked for me in the past - find out who works for the local dealers and approach directly. Feel your pain, good luck.
      Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

These things always happen in 2s for me, first my GF parked nose first into a kerb and cracked my bumper.

I think didn't it was a big deal to fix but no one in my city wanted to touch it, so ended up purchasing the LAST E46 M3 bumper in Australia (6+ month wait for the next unlucky chump...)

Then I managed to open the door too fast in the garage and hit the door trim edge, luckily that's an easy and cheap fix.

on the plus side 3 scratches I had on the rear left side ended up not being scratches at all and they rubbed away with a cloth! I've been pissed about them for at least 5 years+ and all I had to do was rub them off lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by sev View Post
          thanks guys. my dent guy, at least the one ive used in the past was unsure and also said he would do it for 250. I felt that was a bit steep.

If you got some recommendations for dent guys in San fernando valley, let me know.

What do you think about the wheel? repairable? got any recommendations on wheel guys?
          Sev... use Shane - All out PDR. He is expensive but he is really really really really good.

Comment

Hi aper. These things bum me out, even on my already resprayed 185k mile M3.. so I feel your pain.

Wheel: Easy repair. Find anyone on Yelp with 5 stars and pay the $75-125. If the guy you found does wheels for BMW and quoted you $75 thats an easy call. You won't know it was there.

Fender: As 9kracing mentioned, I wouldn't file any claims because thats a ding (no pun intended) on your vehicle history report. Big no-no. Resprays suck because non-original paint and color matching/blending can be hit or miss, so likely a PDR and touch-up there. I don't know if BMW sells painted fenders from the factory, but you can always keep an eye out online to see if you can find someone parting/selling a mint fender in the same color. I have a couple tiny dents on my e90 that I've been meaning to address; I bookmarked the below PDR offerings on Yelp but have not tried them yet.

Don't sweat the small things in life. Good luck!
            Attached Files
            E46 M3 | C7 RS7

Comment

Originally posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post

Sev... use Shane - All out PDR. He is expensive but he is really really really really good.
              +1 for Shane, the guys a magician but he is always busy.

Comment

Thanks fellas! I forgot to update this thread. I tried to get a hold of dentmechanix (his IG shows he does amazing work) he never got back to me. Found another guy, old timer. He came out and said he can do it but it wont be 100% cuz the metal at the point of impact is stretched way too much. I had him do his magic and it came out good.

He did suggest getting some paint and filling it in, thin layer by thin layer and it should be much less noticeable. He charged me 175 +25 to take off the wheel liner to get to the dent.

I got a wheel guy coming out right now as well.

Here's the pics of his work:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by sev; 07-06-2022, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X