Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY: SMG to 6MT (saved posts from old forum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY: SMG to 6MT (saved posts from old forum)

Hi Guys

Mods please let me know if this is not appropriate or should be done differently

I saved all the pertinent threads on the SMG to Manual conversion before commencing my own. I've chucked them all in a zip file that you can download here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Attf613HMj3-4C4l...9gAv6?e=0khWah

(please let me know if that doesn't work for you)

All credit goes to the original authors and contributors for all their hard work

It includes the following posts from the old forum:

DIY_ Comprehensive SMG to 6MT Conversion Thread
    DIY_ SMG-to-6MT Bellhousing Modifications
    FYI_ Comprehensive SMG to 6MT Conversion addendum
    DIY Guide_ E46 M3 SMG Clutch (not necessary but i found multiple perspectives on some of the work to be helpful)

apologies in advance, on the PDF's - it cut off the text at the very right for some reason. Now that the forums down i cant get it back. That being said, it should still be easy enough to follow.
    Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.
    Last edited by headlock; 03-19-2020, 05:06 PM.

I have the "Comprehensive SMG to 6MT Conversion Thread" saved down too, as well as the pictures in whatever "original" sizes they were shared with. I tried to put the thread back together, nicely formatted, with the pictures in line but ran into the character limit (10k per post) and the pic/attachment limit (5 per post), and before making a post with the OP spanning 5 or more posts I wanted to see if there was anyway around it.

If there's any desire in trying to restore that thread to the way it was, let me know I'd be happy to do that. Also if any of the admins could share any info regarding character/attachment limits I'm curious how that will be handled as I imagine some of the more involved DIYs will be using more than that.
    2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

I saved the first page of the comprehensive one as a pdf a while back. Here is my google drive link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WpF...ew?usp=sharing

I think at this point folks will be happy with any info that is saved, even though it might not be perfectly formatted for the new forum.
      Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X