No announcement yet.

Best place to get new axles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You ultimately want brand new and not rebuilt because the rebuilt ones are just repacked with grease. I believe the actual CV is still reused from whatever donor and the play is just filled with grease. F that. Last I heard, even bmw sells only remans which is a bit of a problem. I'd want brand new CVs and idk if there is a supplier atm. Friend told me Reddish might have some insight.
    2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
      You ultimately want brand new and not rebuilt because the rebuilt ones are just repacked with grease. I believe the actual CV is still reused from whatever donor and the play is just filled with grease. F that. Last I heard, even bmw sells only remans which is a bit of a problem. I'd want brand new CVs and idk if there is a supplier atm. Friend told me Reddish might have some insight.
      That sucks. I will hit up Reddish.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
        I believe Redish has some for sale though they don't specify whether they are reman or not despite being new from bmw.

The burkhart link I posted above includes new Rzeppa joint so you might be better off rebuilding yourself.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I thought Redish said they wont ship them to the US?

Comment

I just replaced the boots on my OE axles. The grease was liquid. I'm sure every E46 with the original boots is in the same shape.

It wasn't that hard. The inner has a snap ring on the end. The outer is a bit more of a pain. Its been awhile so I think you have to just get a couple of the balls out and then end separates with the outer cage. I got the boots from FCP Euro with clamps that did not fit. I got clamps from McMaster-Carr. I had to buy packs of 50 so I have some extra clamps if anyone needs some.

I tried a GSP axle - it was total garbage. The boot spun on the axle shaft and tore within the first couple of hundred miles.

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post
              I thought Redish said they wont ship them to the US?
              Here you go bro,

Genuine 33217839465 RP OUTPUT SHAFT, LEFT fits BMW models. BMW Parts Deal offers 33-21-7-839-465 for $788.82.

Genuine 33217839466 RP OUTPUT SHAFT, RIGHT fits BMW models. BMW Parts Deal offers 33-21-7-839-466 for $788.82.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                Until you place the order and then they will email "you not in stock" and refund you.

Comment

Until you place the order and then they will email "you not in stock" and refund you.
                  Not in stock could mean anything. Those guys don't have half the parts listed on their site so they'd have to order from bmwusa or bmwag.

Comment

Not in stock could mean anything. Those guys don't have half the parts listed on their site so they'd have to order from bmwusa or bmwag.
                    all I know is the past two orders they cancelled on me but hey maybe someone will have better luck

Comment

all I know is the past two orders they cancelled on me but hey maybe someone will have better luck
                      Go to your local dealer, tell him you want those part numbers and see if they can match the price. Tell them you are willing to wait and see what they say.

If that fails I have some contacts I can use to find out the scoop.

Comment

Here you go:

'00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                        Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                        Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Ah, that explanation that the part numbers changed is good. I was still referring to the old ones and seeing NLA.

Looks like it'll be ~$800+ per side 🤯

Comment

Seems like they are available on getbmwparts.com (tischer)

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
                              Seems like they are available on getbmwparts.com (tischer)
                              Is there an echo in here?

Originally posted by George Hill View Post
                              They state right there on the page they only ship within UK.

Comment

Is there an echo in here?
                                No.

Comment

Working...
                                X