Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I use the Multi-Button Steering Wheel in my ZCP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have always been interesting in this. And awakening the cruise control. In fact when I bought car PO gave me the steering wheel panel to swap. But always figured wiring was above my pay grade. Thanks for the info and for the inspiration to reconsider.
    Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post

The problem is, it seems to be wiring diagrams which I am an idiot whenever it comes to wiring.

Mr. Wolfe
      Blue/Black wire (the long one in your retrofit kit, cruise control) goes from pin 8 at port X10170 (in the clockspring) to pin 37 in port X60002 in the DME

The White/Red with Yellow stripes (K-Bus) goes from pin 9 at X10170 to pin 21 at the light control module. The wire there has the same color.

The Violet/Yellow wire goes from pin 10 at X10170 to pin 27 at the LCM. It also has the same color there. For those two you can use the included plugs or just cut the end off the adapter harness and use a T-Tap to tap into the LCM wiring harness.

Since you have a ZCP (and these guides are written for people with basic e46s that don't have any buttons), you already have a wire at pin 8 of X10170. This is for M Track mode, and you will need to move it to the plug that your new wiper stalk attaches to.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

The PO did this to my car and I reversed it a year or two ago. Pretty simple 15 minute job to pull it all apart and get rid of the retrofit kit.

Aren't you selling the car OP? More buyers will want it original imo.
        I was going to say this, I wouldn't want this mickey mouse job on an expensive car I was purchasing.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

The PO did this to my car and I reversed it a year or two ago. Pretty simple 15 minute job to pull it all apart and get rid of the retrofit kit.

Aren't you selling the car OP? More buyers will want it original imo.

Yep, traded for the multi-button probably about 8 years ago. ZCP wheel center was my biggest complaint of the ZCP. It was a silly move by BMW IMO.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Maybe you are right. Maybe I should buy a new steering wheel piece with M-track mode. I see they are $350. Before I do that, anyone interested in swapping with my multi-functional top piece and retrofit kit? It would have to be mint.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

I have a brand new one. The dealer scratched mine when they did the airbag recall haha. Want to keep it with my car though.

Comment

Working...
              X