Comment

Originally posted by Mr.wReckless View Post
      In for pics of your hood vents...

Regards
      that's Vorsteiner CF hood....pretty old but i love the style

Comment

Originally posted by umichchris View Post

that's Vorsteiner CF hood....pretty old but i love the style
        Got some plastic hood vents on order, but in 2 minds about cutting up my Seibon carbon hood to install them. But do you reckon the vents help with under hood temps? How much heat and flow can you feel come out of those vents when the fans are running?

Regards

Comment

TBH ive only tracked my car a couple times and heat has never been an issue. however, im out here in LA where its pretty mild all year long and when i did track my car i was at Laguna Seca where its even milder temp wise.

anecdotally, the vents let out a ton of heat whenever i pass my hands over the hood while the car is running so they definitely help...but my hood is 99% aesthetics vs functionality if im being totally honest.

Originally posted by Mr.wReckless View Post

Got some plastic hood vents on order, but in 2 minds about cutting up my Seibon carbon hood to install them. But do you reckon the vents help with under hood temps? How much heat and flow can you feel come out of those vents when the fans are running?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by umichchris View Post
            I decided to do a quick visual inspection of the VANOS and it looks like i have a broken tab. The other one is still fine…but I know that means I’m on borrowed time.
            The disk was designed to be driven by 2 tabs, so if it has been driven with only one tab for who know how many miles, I wonder what is the condition of the disk center shaft and the disk center hole. One tab driving would pull the disk off center and this placed a big radial force on the parts which could be marred up and more wear. The disk can be replaced but not the center shaft. They are mating together with tight clearance to minimize oil leaking. I'm interested of the vanos pump oil pressure on this case.

Comment

Working...
            X