No announcement yet.

P0420 & P0430 codes at same time with new supersprint cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, I see! Will do some research on coding down the post o2s to change their sensitivity range.

Any good tutorials out there for newbs (this would be my first time coding the ECU)?
    2006 M3 ZCP coupe, jet black on black, 6 speed
    2001 325xi wagon, red on beige, 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by mcfreid View Post
      Ah, I see! Will do some research on coding down the post o2s to change their sensitivity range.

Any good tutorials out there for newbs (this would be my first time coding the ECU)?
      The binary modification tool can do either.

First and foremost, ECUWorx offer no warranty of any kind, we are not liable if you break your car by incorrectly flashing your ECU/DME. You do so at your own risk! You will require the following: A copy of the MSS5x Binary Modification Tool, available here A fully charged laptop and a copy of BMWFlash or MSSFlasher. Available from here: BMWFlash or a copy of from here: MSSFlasher A FTDI based OBD2 diagnostic cable such as a BMTechnic cable / BM or a KKL Vag-Com cable. yIf you don’t have one, you can buy one from here A trickle charger

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Bumping this thread as I'm also experiencing the cat efficiency codes after my catted SSV1 system has been installed, I'd say maybe 100 miles and 20 key cycles afterward. All new O2s and stock tune, so I'm sure next steps are just code them out and not attempt playing the game of adjusting thresholds. I don't have to pass emissions, but would like the car to be able to pass if necessary.

BUT--I also got a "4F" EGT Sensor Code (I'm using an old BavAuto code reader). That sensor is brand new "OE Supplier" from FCP installed in the SS cat location; I never had this code previously with the old sensor or factory exhaust. 4F code came on same time as the cat efficiency codes.

I've searched and searched and maybe I'm missing something but should the EGT just be coded off like the O2s, and just cap the bung to avoid hassle, or is this function critical to other systems? Of course, the sensor could be bad, but I've not data logged anything--what tool(s) do you guys recommend for data logging?

Comment

Working...
        X