Group Buy: Liteglass lightweight Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thirdlifecrisis View Post
    Just pinging Altaran since this thread died.
    Yeah sorry about that, it's been a while and I still did not receive any shipping estimates even after follow up. I will call him next week when I am back in Germany to see what I can get.

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Allright, I finally have some updates from them to write here:

First: Transatlantic shipment
      According to them, shipping costs for a wooden box range from €2000 to €4000. one box can house up to 10 windshields. The wooden box is necessary for protection against damage during transport.

Pickup in Finnland: This is possible, it would be an additional €100 (the only get the raw glass from the manufacturer and finish it in Germany, so they would have to ship it back using their regular transports)

Strength/stability: comparable to OEM
      Chip resistance: comparable to OEM
      Noise: No noticeable higher noise in the cabin, statement was: "If you take a DB- Measurer you can probably meassure a difference, but it is not noticeable sitting in there in person." On a side note, Porsche introduced thinner front windshields on the 997 GT3 RS, an that has not ruined the NVH in the Cabin.
      Climacomfort Option: Currently not available

I attached two pictures of the windshield.

Also see attached a list of all types of windshields currently possible to order. Maybe there are also some E36 or E92 guys that would like to jump in. These would also count to reach the quantities for group buy discounts.

Please confirm who wants to commit to participate. Please also someone in the US let me know if they are willing to handle the distribution to save on transport costs.

Attached Files

Comment

Where do we commit to buy? I’m interested in E46 coupe and E36 coupe

Comment

Just on here for now. I added a commit list to the initial post. One we get enough people for the discount I will send inform liteglas and send you guys the contact info via pm.

What about the others that posted above, you guys in?

Comment

If we can hit 10 + to soften the price per/unit and reduce shipping, think I'm in!

Comment

OK so we have 6 windshields on the commit list. Let's get 4 more.

I am also in contact to get a better freight rate to the US for these parts and a distribution point, will post an update when available.

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                OK so we have 6 windshields on the commit list. Let's get 4 more.

I am also in contact to get a better freight rate to the US for these parts and a distribution point, will post an update when available.

I’m very interested in the lighter windshield. But I’m located in Sweden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceSE2 View Post

I’m very interested in the lighter windshield. But I’m located in Sweden.

Where in Sweden? If I know the town, I could ask for a freight rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                    Where in Sweden? If I know the town, I could ask for a freight rate.

It’s called Kävlinge and its right outside of Lund (near Malmö) in the south of Sweden. The postal code is 24430.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceSE2 View Post

It’s called Kävlinge and its right outside of Lund (near Malmö) in the south of Sweden. The postal code is 24430.

Hi, just got this info: shipping to Kävlinge in a wooden box should be €230.

Are you in?

Comment

Hello, I am also interested in this and I am located in Athens Greece, postal code 17342. Please let me know about the shipping cost. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X