Karbonius vented fenders review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karbonius vented fenders review

After ordering the fenders back in January from ECS I finally have them fitted to the car. I would say that quite a few adjustments had to be made to get proper fitment but nothing crazy had to be done. Some of the top holes had to be made larger to get an adequate gap to the hood. Attachment points for the fender grilles had to be trimmed so they would snap in and side marker lights holes had to be enlarged. All in all I'm very happy with how they turned out. They appear aggressive but still fit the style of the car in person I believe. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220806_162448.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.8 KB ID:	179714 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220806_150714.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.1 KB ID:	179715 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220807_173504.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.1 KB ID:	179716 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220807_173625.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.7 KB ID:	179717 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220807_173456.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.7 KB ID:	179718

Would be curious to see what it looks like with the fins painted to match the body colour. Would probably blend in quite well. Probably would want to do some ppf though in that case, cause they not going to look that way for long.

Comment

wow .. it looks really good to me

Comment

Would you mind sharing your wheel size, tires and alignment specs? These have 15mm extra clearance vs stock correct?
        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

For some reason this one product by them was never really appealing to me. On another note, I now know how it’d look on my car (we have the same color).

Comment

Originally posted by wahsm View Post
            Would be curious to see what it looks like with the fins painted to match the body colour. Would probably blend in quite well. Probably would want to do some ppf though in that case, cause they not going to look that way for long.
            That would be easy to do. The fins are separate from the fender and can be removed by taking out 2 specialty nuts on each side.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
              Would you mind sharing your wheel size, tires and alignment specs? These have 15mm extra clearance vs stock correct?
              18 x 10 et25
              Yokohama a052 in 275 I think
              Alignment has changed so I'd hate to quote how much negative camber I have at the moment. I'd guess over 2 degrees.

Yes they're reportedly 15mm wider than stock. I would agree with that as my bumper was wider than my stock fenders but now is flush on the passenger side and barely in on the driver's side

Comment

You should notify karbonius. Maybe they need to go back and check their QC. That's a little disappointing when thinking about dropping $2k on fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

18 x 10 et25
                  Yokohama a052 in 275 I think
                  Alignment has changed so I'd hate to quote how much negative camber I have at the moment. I'd guess over 2 degrees.

Yes they're reportedly 15mm wider than stock. I would agree with that as my bumper was wider than my stock fenders but now is flush on the passenger side and barely in on the driver's side
                  Do you know why your bumper was wider than the stock fenders?

Just trying to do some ricer math as I'm considering those 10mm non-vented fenders with the same size whee land tire.
                  http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                  '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

That would be easy to do. The fins are separate from the fender and can be removed by taking out 2 specialty nuts on each side.
                    Oh that is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Do you know why your bumper was wider than the stock fenders?

Just trying to do some ricer math as I'm considering those 10mm non-vented fenders with the same size whee land tire.
                      Stock bumper Mounts have a bit of adjustment to them, so maybe they slide a bit over time. I notice it on quite a few cars

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
                        You should notify karbonius. Maybe they need to go back and check their QC. That's a little disappointing when thinking about dropping $2k on fenders.
                        Maybe, but if you’re expecting ANYTHING other than OE to fit like OE then I’d say your expectations are out of like with reality as far as body panels.

then take into account something custom like this that’s wider than stock and vastly different and meant to act as an aero piece. That’s a lot of ands.

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
                          Having to round out a few holes or change the location of a notch isn't that big of a deal. A stone bit in a dremmel had it fixed in under 30 seconds for each. And the top 6 holes right at the hood line may be fine on someone else's car. To me it wasn't a big deal

Comment

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
                            For some reason this one product by them was never really appealing to me. On another note, I now know how it’d look on my car (we have the same color).
                            I also feel similarly. The RS style vents feel off to me for some reason. I'd prefer just the "normal" style vents without the thin vents.
                            "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                            ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post

Maybe, but if you’re expecting ANYTHING other than OE to fit like OE then I’d say your expectations are out of like with reality as far as body panels.

then take into account something custom like this that’s wider than stock and vastly different and meant to act as an aero piece. That’s a lot of ands.
                              For 1k, you have a pair of brand new OE fenders. For 2k plus shipping, I'm setting the bar high for karbonius since that price range should reflect excellent fitment. They're a great company and have excellent products. I just thought it might be worth mentioning to a company that might look into it for further improvement if possible. I don't mind modifying fenders to fit. I would like these fenders for my track car but I wouldn't mind paying lower if I'm expecting to modify them to fit, even slightly. I don't expect all aftermarket to fit perfectly but if the price reflects it, it hopefully is justified. I'm guessing you would be at almost 3k after paint, that 3k should hopefully be worth it to the consumer for a primarily aesthetic modification.
                              Last edited by enjoy_m3; 08-08-2022, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X