Schmiedmann Headers = SuperSprint 63.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schmiedmann Headers = SuperSprint 63.5

So after some research these seem to be exactly the same. So why the huge price difference? And how come I don't see anyone here running them?

Let me know if I am missing something here.

Edit: Schmiedmann confirmed they are 63.5 stepped headers, same as Super Sprint. Picture in product description may not resemble actual product.

https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/produ...roduct=SCM46M3
    Last edited by lvm3sm46; 08-19-2022, 05:07 PM.

Schmiedmann are just an online dealer so they probably just stock supersprint products. As for pricing, schmiedmann tends to have way better pricing than anyone else on lots of items. I buy loads of my stuff from them.

Comment

It's Kirkland stepped headers. Do it.

It's probably a more viable deal due to the exchange rate. Imagine how much $ ECS makes of ss products right now. They just raised peices recently too, yet the euro fell to 1:1.
      Last edited by Tbonem3; 08-18-2022, 07:57 PM.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

All I see are m54 associated headers on their site. What am I missing?

Comment

Comment

What leads you to believe these are the same part? The SS 63.5 header has a MFG part number 044001, this Schmeidemann part is 061101. The finish of the Schmediemann headers looks a little bit different compared to the SS version as well.
            2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Those are not stepped, and the welds look terrible. I doubt those are made by Supersprint, and even if they are, it's not the same part.
              2004 Dinan S3-R M3
              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

You guys are talking about a different set.

schmeidmann carries unbranded ss parts like the sport muffler and v1/v2 headers plus the long tubes (possibly reps) which are linked a few posts above.

SS welds are kinda shitty btw.

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
                  Those are not stepped, and the welds look terrible. I doubt those are made by Supersprint, and even if they are, it's not the same part.
                  These definitely aren't stepped and are made to fit the OEM section 1 looking at their flange design. These look more like cheap Euro headers.

Below are Supersprint 63.5mm stepped headers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	REC00270.jpg
Views:	906
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	181083

Name:	REC00277.jpg
Views:	905
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	181082

Name:	REC00269.jpg
Views:	949
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	181081

Comment

Op, start a new thread so it's not cluttered with these useless posts.

You gotta post a link from the beginning to avoid this from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                      You guys are talking about a different set.

schmeidmann carries unbranded ss parts like the sport muffler and v1/v2 headers plus the long tubes (possibly reps) which are linked a few posts above.

SS welds are kinda shitty btw.
                      Supersprint uses MIG welds on everything past section 1s, definitely ugly. Their TIG welding is good.

Supersprint only manufactures a Street equivalent muffler for Schiedmann. Evolve does the same on various products including their S62 and S85 headers. They are Supersprint headers without the springs.

Comment

Tbonem3 I cant delete the thread, my apologies.

As for everyone questioning it, I confirmed with Schmiedmann that their 63.5 headers are made by Super Sprint.

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post
                          Tbonem3 I cant delete the thread, my apologies.

As for everyone questioning it, I confirmed with Schmiedmann that their 63.5 headers are made by Super Sprint.
                          are these the ones you are referring to?

https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-E...roduct=SCM46M3

just post a edit to your original post with the link to clear it up

edit: apologies OP. I missed your edit. D’oh!
                          Last edited by tlow98; 08-20-2022, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Damn, SS has been playing us this whole time with their prices. 😂
                            Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                            Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Wonder who makes these cats. Certainly they’re not HJS, right? They look much smaller than the HJS cats SS uses.

Schmiedmann high flow metal cat.-system 100cells SCMSPCAT46M3 - Fits on models: E46 Z3 (E36)
                              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X