18" BBS R-GR's w/Porsche 996 BBK Fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18" BBS R-GR's w/Porsche 996 BBK Fitment

Hey all, it's really unfortunate with what happened to M3Forum.net. Hopefully we can recover a lot of the DIY's, members, and general information from that site.

I got lucky and scored some recession special BBS R-GR's locally here in Chicago. I currently have OE ZCP's installed and am planning on installing my Porsche 996 BBK retrofit soon and understand that I will need spacers to make the BBK work with the ZCP's. The R-GR's I picked up are 18x10 et25 and 18x8.5 et38, do any of you guys happen to know if these require spacers with the BBK?

Here's a pic of my car with the ZCP's!

Thanks guys!

Ya my fronts are 8.5" et 32 so 6mm further out than yours from the calipers/hub. Mine will just clear, tho I like to add at least 3mm spacer to be sure and have more clearance.

So I think even a 5mm might not be enough. I'd go 10mm. Well, it's hard to find 10mm any more and they may not fit perfectly if your hub lips are 11mm. I've ground down my hub lips to 9.9mm so I can run 10mm or just run 12mm or tms 12.5mm.

Also, IMO, the brakes look better when they're not so close to the wheel, so they'll look good even if you want some more poke and run 15mm spacers since 8.5 et39 wheels aren't too aggressive.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      Ya my fronts are 8.5" et 32 so 6mm further out than yours from the calipers/hub. Mine will just clear, tho I like to add at least 3mm spacer to be sure and have more clearance.

So I think even a 5mm might not be enough. I'd go 10mm. Well, it's hard to find 10mm any more and they may not fit perfectly if your hub lips are 11mm. I've ground down my hub lips to 9.9mm so I can run 10mm or just run 12mm or tms 12.5mm.

Also, IMO, the brakes look better when they're not so close to the wheel, so they'll look good even if you want some more poke and run 15mm spacers since 8.5 et39 wheels aren't too aggressive.
      Thanks Tyler, glad to see you made to the new forum! I have 12mm spacers up front and none in the back. I'm getting some slight rubbing with the 285's in the rear but the fitment is pretty good and the car is mainly stationary for now so its not doing any damage.

Just put the RGR's on today. Need to install the BBK and the KW V3's I have sitting around. I should have never sold that Evolve box, or SuperSprint exhaust of mine, ugh. Anyway, anyone local to Chicago want to buy my old ZCP's? Newer MP4S, wheels are slightly curbed due to previous owners inability to park.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1372B128-3BAB-4654-B795-22EFCDF570BF.jpeg
Views:	486
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	2523
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks amazing!
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P10107921.JPG
Views:	736
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2647 Click image for larger version

Name:	P10107952.JPG
Views:	709
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	2648 Sweet wheels, this was my favorite set when I had my E46.
          Lots of classic quotes go here

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Offsets and sizes aren't enough to know-- the spoke design plays a large role in clearance.

RG-Rs aren't very good for brake clearance. It's really the only way in which they're not exceptional.

... but all else equal, the best spacer is no spacer, and the second best spacer is the smallest spacer you can fit (so long as it's not 6-9mm).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

8.5 +38 usually requires spacer. 8.5 +22 (e39 fitment) will clear most brakes.

Comment

Bump! Any update on the fitment with the 996 brakes? I’d like to reduce or eliminate spacers in the front for my street wheels. Current ZCPs need an 18mm and 90mm extended length studs. ZCPs are getting valuable too so could probably swap for relatively little cost. Love the look of these and 18” is a bonus.

Comment

Working...
                X