What's this small rubber part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's this small rubber part?

Found this in my undertray in a small section near the radiator on the left hand side (ie at the front on driver's side in LHD)

I had the undertray off recently doing coolant so seems like it hasn't been there long but not sure I'd have tipped it up that time. I did give everything a super clean in the past 12 months or so, so could only be there that long at most.

It's fairly firm rubber. I was thinking it may have been something from the stock air filter box and how it mounts on the rubber "bar". There is a hole in the bottom of the airfilter box that's a bit small but I presume that's to allow any excessive moisture to drain.

It may have fallen off something in today's exercise which is valve cover gasket (unlikely related as it's too far away) and replacing the tensioner pulley so have airbox, stock mechanical fan and shroud etc out.

Any ideas? Can't find anything in RealOEM.

Thanks

It’s a grommet that sits under the front intake duct from the kidney grill. Falls out all the time.

Comment

Thank you sir. I knew I'd get an answer straight away. Presumably it stays in place with the intake fitted.

I was looking at this which doesn't have it... Even knowing where it goes I can't find it

Comment

It goes here on the plastic suction hoood

Comment

Thanks yeah I figured it out as soon as I turned it over. Wierd that it's actually in the other side of the car. So maybe I just knocked it off as pulled it off the car on the other side. Just had never seen it before even though I've had the intake off many times.

I see it's listed as a CSL only part which is a bit wierd but not the first time I've seen mistakes with the BMW parts database.

Comment

Working...
          X