Strange SMG issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any update on your manual swap?

i was having the same issue as you. got a new clutch, slave, fork pivot pin etc all replaced and still no start. like Sapote said i checked the wiring harness. no obvious leaking at any hydraulic line. through inpa the only error was code 59 which a year ago was resolved with a new slave.

i also was able to start the car with a disconnected plcd sensor.
    one thing to note is that before installing the new clutch, the car would only start and stay in Neutral with the PLCD sensor disconnected. i was not able to go into any gear. after the new clutch was fitted , i was able to then select gears with the plcd disconnected. however with grinding and malfunctioning sounds.
    i was not able to pass bleeding or adaptations after many attempts.

inpa gave me no indication of a pump failure. i also replaced all the spring detents and still no start. so now as i’m halfway through my own manual conversion, and stuck waiting for parts, i’m thinking about any other issues i may or hopefully may not have when i’m done

i’m hoping that i can finally drive the car again after being able to manually put it into gears.

Comment

Originally posted by Eazy__m3 View Post
      one thing to note is that before installing the new clutch, the car would only start and stay in Neutral with the PLCD sensor disconnected. i was not able to go into any gear. after the new clutch was fitted , i was able to then select gears with the plcd disconnected. however with grinding and malfunctioning sounds.
      It seems unplug the PLCD connector and with the unconnected pins the SMG computer has the default signals encoded as disengaged clutch - which should not be the case if the engineers designed it correctly, and this leads to the gear grinding because the pressure plate fingers were not pushed to the correct position to totally disengage the clutch. Bad design on the PLCD signals connection condition by the factory.

Since you had replaced the slave/PLCD, but the issue popped up again due to either a bad connection from the PLCD to the computer connector, or it is a defective slave.

Comment

Working...
      X