Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karbonius Roof Delivery Question

Hello Group,

Got the DHL shipping notification for my Karbonius roof! The email I received from Karb indicated they want me to inspect the roof before signing off on the delivery.

From my experience, DHL delivers and dashes pretty quickly (same as UPS, Fedex). I received an OEM CSL trunk via Turner that was shipped via Freight due to the weight of the package. As a part of that Freight delivery, I had the opportunity to open the item with the shipping agent and inspect it before signing off.

Anyone receive a Karb roof recently? What was your processing inspecting/signing off on the package?

'02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

I agree, it's not a realistic ask. I just got an airbox delivered. The DHL guy does not hang around. It takes a while to get through all of the packaging to inspect the CF components.

I felt fine, just looking at the condition of the exterior box itself.

I would say if the box of your roof is in good shape, especially the corners, then you should be fine.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I will outline my experience lol

1. Ordered roof
      2. Waited 10 weeks
      3. Roof shipped, yay
      4. Roof never shows up
      5. Continuously checks tracking, roof never leaves Cincinnati
      6. Another month goes by and roof magically shows up at Karbonious busted
      7. They manufacture me a new roof and ship
      8. Anxiety
      9. Roof shows up perfect after an 8 month process

With that said, the quality is insane, Karbonious was in contact the whole time and made the situation less awful. DHL guy allowed me to open it up and check it out eventho I could tell he didn't want too, dealing with DHL is a disaster and I commend Karb on handling that situation so I didn't have too but I would 100% open that box and make sure its not damaged before you signing for it.

Comment

I received my carbon airbox and roof and I was at least expecting to have to sign for my package. DHL ended up just dropping the packages at my front door, which I thought was insane considering the boxes contained several thousand dollars worth of parts.

As other members pointed out, it’s not realistic to check before DHL leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
          I received my carbon airbox and roof and I was at least expecting to have to sign for my package. DHL ended up just dropping the packages at my front door, which I thought was insane considering the boxes contained several thousand dollars worth of parts.

As other members pointed out, it’s not realistic to check before DHL leaves.
          Roof show up in good shape? Packaged well?

Crazy they just deliver and dash for these high value packages. I just enabled signature delivery for my order. I WFH so fingers crossed I’m not in a meeting when they show up 😅

Comment

Originally posted by Mtrace View Post
            I will outline my experience lol

1. Ordered roof
            2. Waited 10 weeks
            3. Roof shipped, yay
            4. Roof never shows up
            5. Continuously checks tracking, roof never leaves Cincinnati
            6. Another month goes by and roof magically shows up at Karbonious busted
            7. They manufacture me a new roof and ship
            8. Anxiety
            9. Roof shows up perfect after an 8 month process

With that said, the quality is insane, Karbonious was in contact the whole time and made the situation less awful. DHL guy allowed me to open it up and check it out eventho I could tell he didn't want too, dealing with DHL is a disaster and I commend Karb on handling that situation so I didn't have too but I would 100% open that box and make sure its not damaged before you signing for it.
            Sheeesh - what a nightmare. Glad Karb took care of you. Would love to see a pic of the roof if you don’t mind sharing

Comment

With the number of delivery these drivers do a day, good luck trying to get them to stay. And if you manage to get them to stay and find that your roof is damaged, how are you going to re-package it and decline delivery? I would not want to go through all that in a rush.
              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

My experience is the same as most others. DHL just left it at my door. Karbonius packages it really well though. No damage found on mine.
                2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                  With the number of delivery these drivers do a day, good luck trying to get them to stay. And if you manage to get them to stay and find that your roof is damaged, how are you going to re-package it and decline delivery? I would not want to go through all that in a rush.
                  Facts lol - this exact scenario is what prompted me starting the thread. My DHL guy is so fast my Ring doorbell doesn't catch him half the time

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post

Sheeesh - what a nightmare. Glad Karb took care of you. Would love to see a pic of the roof if you don’t mind sharing
                    Not installed yet, picking up the headliner tomorrow and should be installing it around the end of the month

Click image for larger version

Name:	roof1.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	191631

Comment

Update:

Karb roof arrived in 1 piece with no damage. Karb packaged the roof really well and the box itself is super rigid.

I had to use a small metal crowbar to pry the box open (didn't want to swipe it like crazy with a utility knife). DHL sent me a text and let me track my driver's progress. I was outside on my front porch waiting for him. He was really patient and polite as I carefully pried open 3 sides of the box 😂.

My advice for others that have an order pending is to opt into text updates so you can get that delivery car tracker map link. That was essential to me catching my delivery guy and QCing the package before signing off.

Comment

New to forum, but wanted to chip in I just went through this yesterday. DHL slaps a disclaimer on the package. So regardless force the delivery guy to hold until you open and inspect the package. No matter the bickering you get its the way to do it.

Karbonius did a great job at packing but make sure you inspect before signing. Karbonius is recommended recording the package delivery in case after receiving you find damages it help with the claim process. But DHL guys said he could wait since I had over $6k in parts in this delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by BAN_M2C View Post
                          Karbonius is recommended recording the package delivery in case after receiving you find damages it help with the claim process.
                          HIGHLY RECOMMEND you takes pics of the package and video the unboxing of any parts like this, especially if the box is not in good shape.

This isn't an E46 part, but directly relevant and I'm currently suffering through the claims process on a larger car part. I ordered a very rare, original rear wing for my Cayman R off eBay (taken off a Cayman R). It was in perfect condition, the right color, seller had 100% positive feedback, etc. The wing showed up in less than desirable condition, damaged/scratched in multiple places.

What is saving my bacon is the fact that I took lots of pictures and then videoed the unboxing. If your stuff shows up damaged, don't panic. Just take pics/video and let the process work.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230703_160218.jpg Views:	0 Size:	295.2 KB ID:	224796

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230703_161159.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.3 KB ID:	224797
                          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

HIGHLY RECOMMEND you takes pics of the package and video the unboxing of any parts like this, especially if the box is not in good shape.

This isn't an E46 part, but directly relevant and I'm currently suffering through the claims process on a larger car part. I ordered a very rare, original rear wing for my Cayman R off eBay (taken off a Cayman R). It was in perfect condition, the right color, seller had 100% positive feedback, etc. The wing showed up in less than desirable condition, damaged/scratched in multiple places.

What is saving my bacon is the fact that I took lots of pictures and then videoed the unboxing. If your stuff shows up damaged, don't panic. Just take pics/video and let the process work.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20230703_160218.jpg Views:	0 Size:	295.2 KB ID:	224796

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20230703_161159.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.3 KB ID:	224797
                            Shoot, that package took a beating. Hopefully a claim takes care of you!

Comment

Working...
                            X