Convert power seats to manual adjustable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert power seats to manual adjustable

I've read a few articles about actually swapping seats (out with power seats, in with manual adjustable seats, just add lightness...you can even swap the seat cushions if the rest of interior is not changing). Wondered if anyone has been down an alternate path given manual sports seats seem to be extinct nowadays.

Are the power seats just manual seats with extra motors and wiring? Meaning, can you take an existing power sport seat, remove the motors and unnecessary wiring and replace with manual seats adjusters (52108251625) and associated trim? -> this assumes the seat base is identical between powered and manual seats.

Or can you replace with the manual seat frame (52108242811) but retain the rest of the power seat - cushions, backrest, etc

Not viable. Completely different.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Ah bummer - thanks for quick response Obioban ...the search for manual seats continues

Comment

Why do you want manual seats so badly? The weight savings is a joke.. it's less than 3lb per seat.

Comment

Originally posted by jvit27 View Post
          Why do you want manual seats so badly? The weight savings is a joke.. it's less than 3lb per seat.
          Maybe he just wants manual seats? Thats why i swapped mine. I just didnt care for the electric seat adjustment.

Comment

Working...
          X