No announcement yet.

Looks like Dinan bought an e46 M3 for R&D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not. I'd pay top dollar only for a garaged, low owner all original car or a one with the best (karbonius, supersprint, jrz/mcs/ohlins, et al) mods.

Best E46 Dinan part is RTABs lol. But now there's synchro, CMP, TMS, BW, GC, falline.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      Definitely not. I'd pay top dollar only for a garaged, low owner all original car or a one with the best (karbonius, supersprint, jrz/mcs/ohlins, et al) mods.

Best E46 Dinan part is RTABs lol. But now there's synchro, CMP, TMS, BW, GC, falline.
      Funny... but if the garaged, low owner, all original car was a Dinan, would you pay more for it?

And people keep cars that aren't garaged? Jokes.

maw

Comment

Well, I mean garaged over the years, not just nowadays, though that's impossilbe to know - I could only infer from the condition of the paint and seals.

To your question, no I wouldn't pay more for the same car that just has some dinan goodies added. I might pay a little more, knowing I can take them off and sell them later.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
          So today, in 2022, would you pay more for an original Dinan car than a non-Dinan?
          It depends. If it's an official Dinan badged car with receipts and maintenance records then a BMW enthusiast will absolutely pay more for it. Typically the assumption is that anyone willing to pay the Dinan premium takes better care of their car - garaged, over-maintained, issues fixed, etc. I'm sure they are out there but I have yet to see a trashy Dinan badged car.

If you list it on FB or other common sites then everyone will become an expert car appraiser and say you're charging too much.

If you list it on BMWCCA.org or on Bimmerpost, you're more likely to get a premium. Maybe BAT as well...not as familiar with that site.
          Last edited by bigjae46; 11-30-2022, 10:23 AM.

Comment

My prediction: Dinan wants a piece of the CSL tune pie.

I wish they would tackle the hardware (airbox, etc.) but that direction feels like the opposite of the PE-owned direction.

on the Dinan premium. I’d say those cars are more than likely better looked after than the average car - so some systemic issues will cloud the data. But, would I pay more for a like for like car? No. Especially not for the supercharged car - I just wouldn’t want that.
            Last edited by tlow98; 11-30-2022, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
              I still remember the cold starts from my dad's E90 M3 with an M performance exhaust. That thing was wicked. There were times where it was almost embarrassingly loud when we would leave family events and he'd go to start the car. I need to buy one asap :P
              I love the cold start sound!

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post
                My prediction: Dinan wants a piece of the CSL tune pie.
                I think that’s a good call. I’m going to stick with my exhaust call as well. I thought it was strange when suddenly APR were selling hard goods (exhausts, charge pipes and the like). I guess now I know why, and why the PE guys call them “complimentary to Dinan” (I thought that was an odd sentence when I read it). When I bought APR were software only. www.goapr.com Looking at the expanded APR catalog, I don’t know why they wouldn’t do a CF intake, CSL tune and exhaust for this car — it would be their first BMW, and I’d have to expect the E9X cars to be next.

maw
                Last edited by maw1124; 11-30-2022, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

I think that’s a good call. I’m going to stick with my exhaust call as well. I thought it was strange when suddenly APR were selling hard goods (exhausts, charge pipes and the like). I guess now I know why, and why the PE guys call them “complimentary to Dinan” (I thought that was an odd sentence when I read it). When I bought APR were software only. www.goapr.com Looking at the expanded APR catalog, I don’t know why they wouldn’t do a CF intake, CSL tune and exhaust for this car — it would be their first BMW, and I’d have to expect the E9X cars to be next.

maw
                  Yeah that makes a ton of sense. “Complimentary” haha. Looks like someone at APR, errr, I mean the PE firm, went to B-school. Until you mentioned APR selling hard goods - I didn’t know that they did, either. Always thought software only, and pretty solid, reputable software at that.

I hope they do make the full package. We’ll all be better off for it. Whether it’s any good, well, we’ll see.

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post

Yeah that makes a ton of sense. “Complimentary” haha. Looks like someone at APR, errr, I mean the PE firm, went to B-school. Until you mentioned APR selling hard goods - I didn’t know that they did, either. Always thought software only, and pretty solid, reputable software at that.

I hope they do make the full package. We’ll all be better off for it. Whether it’s any good, well, we’ll see.
                    Poke around over there, you’ll see CF intakes, tunes and exhausts for some cars, as well as wheels (appear to be flow formed). I was just about to refinish my Allroad wheels but looking at them, I now see why Hartmann wheels (OEM replicas for Audi/VW) is having such a tough time. A new flow forged set from APR is suddenly an option.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Poke around over there, you’ll see CF intakes, tunes and exhausts for some cars, as well as wheels (appear to be flow formed). I was just about to refinish my Allroad wheels but looking at them, I now see why Hartmann wheels (OEM replicas for Audi/VW) is having such a tough time. A new flow forged set from APR is suddenly an option.

maw
                      Flow formed is marketing speak for cast.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                        Flow formed is marketing speak for cast.
                        SMDH…. Unrelated, the founder and former owner of fifteen52 wheels told me a few years back it was getting tougher to sell a true forged wheel. But the influx of marketing speak is something to behold. I haven’t had time to dig into the manufacturing and machining processes to see what’s really real.

maw

Comment

Working...
                        X