Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other parts are required for coilovers and strut/springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What other parts are required for coilovers and strut/springs?

01 M3 with 100K miles (160K kilometres).

I've already done the rear suspension (not springs) with OE components because they were toast and now the car feels like it's floating above 40 mph (64 kph), so I take the fronts are toast also.
    I've also already done a heap of other components like OE RTABs with limiters, sway bar bushes, end-links, front control arms etc..

I'm contemplating whether to finish the front with OE, or spend a bit more and either go a full coilover or the Koni/Dinan or Bilstein B12.

So, the question is, if I go with a coilover set (Shockworks is a well regarded Australian brand), what other components do I need; strut tower reinforcement plates, adjustable camber arms, adjustable end-links etc?

Same question but for the Koni/Dinan - Bilstein B12's?

And while we're at it, how long do the OE springs last?
    Last edited by WoGGo; 11-23-2022, 11:12 AM.

Are you trying to go for an OE+ solution or lowering a bunch, or something more sporty?

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
      Are you trying to go for an OE+ solution or lowering a bunch, or something more sporty?
      I would like a drop in height, but it's not at the top of my list.

I really just want to be planted through the twisties, and be confident doing 60+ mph.

Comment

Can anyone tell me at least how long OE springs last?

Comment

I think you would be very happy with Koni/Eibach Pro Kit springs or Dinan springs, or maybe Bilstein PSS. Either one will offer a lot of performance and predictable handling.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

It's looking most likely I'll end up with the Koni/Eibach kit.

Are all these parts required for the fronts? If so, I might as well refresh them...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	103
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	194232​​
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WoGGo View Post
              It's looking most likely I'll end up with the Koni/Eibach kit.

Are all these parts required for the fronts? If so, I might as well refresh them...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	103
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	194232​​
              Looks about right other than 1st two items. I would also maybe order some new bump stops.
              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Also check out the Rear Coil-Over Reinforcement Plates. I got a set but haven't installed them yet. Seems like cheap insurance if you're going to be changing the coils in the rear again

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Looks about right other than 1st two items. I would also maybe order some new bump stops.
                  Definitely new bump stops

Comment

Working...
                  X