Verify Passenger Occupancy Signal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verify Passenger Occupancy Signal?

I just installed a set of Recaro Sportster CS seats from AMX Performance and had they install an occupancy pad in the passenger seat. I have everything wired up and don’t have any codes when I scanned.

Is there a way to verify that the occupancy pad is working? Looking for an on/off trigger signal when somebody is in the seat via any software. I have BMW Scanner, Schwaben scanner, DIS, and INPA. Will any of these show me this signal?

PFA.

2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

There should be a value under the airbag module. Then have someone sit in it while you look at the value. It may be through the cluster also but that is also the gateway. I've only checked it under ISTA but the module that reads it doesn't change. INPA should have an On and Off value at a minimum. If not, I'm certain DIS will show it. We have to test them after the recall and DIS was the software at the time when recalls were being performed. It just takes some looking.
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
      There should be a value under the airbag module. Then have someone sit in it while you look at the value. It may be through the cluster also but that is also the gateway. I've only checked it under ISTA but the module that reads it doesn't change. INPA should have an On and Off value at a minimum. If not, I'm certain DIS will show it. We have to test them after the recall and DIS was the software at the time when recalls were being performed. It just takes some looking.
      Thanks for the tip. I was hoping I could find it in INPA, but didn’t know where to look.

Anybody know the path to the correct screen??
      2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Yeah you can see it with INPA. Path is something like E46 -> body-> airbag -> read status. Should have a field that changes from unoccupied to occupied when someone sits in the seat.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
          Yeah you can see it with INPA. Path is something like E46 -> body-> airbag -> read status. Should have a field that changes from unoccupied to occupied when someone sits in the seat.
          Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X