The end of the road for me and my M3…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erickhoyos View Post

Believe me when I was mad when my parents and my sister both called and the operator told them it was not necessary for an officer to be out simply for the fact that no one was injured.
    Ah, yes... I should have looked at where you live before I suggested that.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
      were your front wheels turned into the curb when parked? This exposed the back side of the wheel.
      The front had some negative camber so it did poke out a bit but the lane is wide enough to be about 7 feet apart from the parked cars, don’t know what she was doing so close in the first place

Comment

As much as it sounds like a dumb idea and I’ll probably regret it later, I’ve decided to just call it quits and get cashed out for my car. I love me E46 M3 to death but I think personally it’s time to move forward and maybe spend the money on a better example coupe instead of another vert or even on a completely different car in general.

Comment

sorry to see this. if there is still some doubt, i also feel it is 100% fixable but i'm just basing it on the pictures..
          '06 Carbon Black
          Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Look on the bright side, now is your chance to buy an M roadster.

Comment

Sorry to read this, please say you had agreed value coverage. If not how much will you get?
              Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

don’t know what she was doing so close in the first place
                Probably on her phone.

That sucks but doesn't look totaled. I'd be concerned about the front subframe and sway bar mounting .

Comment

This sucks, especially given the car was parked on the road. Hope you got a decent payout for a replacement or to put towards another car!
                  '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
                  All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post
                    Sorry to read this, please say you had agreed value coverage. If not how much will you get?
                    They have yet to give me an amount yet, still waiting. I am optimistic because we’ve looked in various sites for average pricing of vert m3s and they’re about 13-19k with multiple owners

Comment

They have yet to give me an amount yet, still waiting. I am optimistic because we’ve looked in various sites for average pricing of vert m3s and they’re about 13-19k with multiple owners
                      Reject their first offer, send BaT completed auctions as comps.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Sorry to hear.

As someone who has recently been in what seemed like a low speed bump fender bender, you underestimate the damages by about $10k just looking at the pictures. Once you start peeling back the onion, removing body panels, looking under the covers, you start actually seeing how many things are cracked, broken, stripped, ripped out, etc that require replacement, body repair. Then you start adding up paint matching, clear coat, etc and it really adds up.

The good-ish news about "totaling" the car. I'm making up numbers to illustrate a point, but let's say your appraised value comes in at $10k, and your insurance has a guideline to cover repairs up to 75% of appraised value (varies by insurance, policy, etc), and anything above that, they will total the car. Let's say your shop estimates repairs to be $9k. Insurance will total the car, but only if they have to cover more than $7500, so meaning if you work with the shop and insurance and agree to cover $1500 out of pocket, so insurance doesn't have to cover $9k, they will cover the max per their guideline of $7.5k and the car will not be totaled.

Obviously depends on individual circumstances and decision on whether to put out cash out of pocket, but wanted to add this here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Update, I called AAA (the other person’s insurance company) and they do admit they are liable for the damages. It seems that they didn’t have my full information since they put down my mom as the owner of the car but she helped call for the claim. They're going to pick up the car later today and give me an estimate on the value of my car within the week. They also provided a rental car for the time being

Comment

Hello everyone. It’s been a bit since I posted any updates, I just wanted to clear my head and get some things in my life settled.

AAA called to let me know that the car was considered a total loss and would pay me for the car. In the end I got about $14K which was more than I had paid for the car 6 years ago so I was fine with it. In between then and now I had been looking to buy a different car, specifically a Mustang 5.0 or a 4V Cobra. I had plans to see an ‘06 GT but they seller chose to keep the car instead. As unfortunate as that was for me, I was blessed to find an ad for a different yet similar car to my old one. And today I brought it home with a smile on my face. Say hello to my 2004 330i ZHP.

Comment

Okay, time to take that thing to Forum Member "Kaiv" and his shop in San Diego to drop-in a S54 plus manual gearbox. Toss the interior and put a full roll cage in it - hah! Congrats on your new toy. You can't do an obnoxiously loud exhaust if you intend to take it to "Laguna Seca" as the MF'n home owner's atop the bluff camp out there with a sound meter and complain like a bunch of whiny little bxtches.
                              Last edited by Speed Monkey; 02-14-2023, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Happy you've remained in an E46 and I second the notion of slapping an S54 in there, do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X