Found my oil leak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4getr34 View Post

Whats the process for removing the expansion plug?
    See post 14

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

See post 14
      isn't that the steps for the freeze plug or am I reading it wrong

Comment

isn't that the steps for the freeze plug or am I reading it wrong
        Sorry, thought you meant the freeze plug. I'd imagine you just stick a hex bit through the hole and unscrew it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Sorry, thought you meant the freeze plug. I'd imagine you just stick a hex bit through the hole and unscrew it.
          Yep, that's the idea
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

ok thanks guys!

Comment

ok thanks guys!
              You might be able to get it out if you remove everything in front of it (timing chain, guides, cam sprockets, etc.) And use a stubby hex bit. Not sure, haven't tried.

Also, I don't think my choice of words in my previous post was the best. Didn't really make it all that clear what process would be limited by the amount of acces to the expansion plug. I'd imagine the freeze plug is mostly there for the machining of the threads and stuff. Those 90° taps are hard to some by.
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
              X