My new amplifier upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Will View Post

I would too. And I'd bet many on the e46 forums would upgrade.
    Yeah I am sure. As these cars get older components are beginning to fail like ECUs. Thai would be a good replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by jylee05 View Post
      Which sound file did you use or do you have a customized sound file? Do you mind sharing? I will purchase and try this amp out. Thanks again!
      I was told to use the Limousine file. Link to files below.

Comment

I might be inclined to try that upgraded amp in my HK equipped sedan unless someone can give me a compelling reason not to be a guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post
          I might be inclined to try that upgraded amp in my HK equipped sedan unless someone can give me a compelling reason not to be a guinea pig.
          We reached out to the company and they said the HK system is different so don't think this one will work. Might be able to use the non plug & play harness. Not 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post

We reached out to the company and they said the HK system is different so don't think this one will work. Might be able to use the non plug & play harness. Not 100% sure.
            Interesting, I thought that the HK and Hi-Fi amps used the same connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post

Interesting, I thought that the HK and Hi-Fi amps used the same connectors.
              Maybe the connector however not sure about the wires.

Comment

GreyM340i did you need the included mounting plate for e46 m3 application or were you able to use existing mounting? I just bought a used one but doesn’t include the typically included mounting plate. thx again!

Comment

GreyM340i did you need the included mounting plate for e46 m3 application or were you able to use existing mounting? I just bought a used one but doesn’t include the typically included mounting plate. thx again!
                  I used the stock mount and used 3M double sided velcro. It’s been perfectly fine.

Comment

GreyM340i did you have any issues with getting sound out of your rear deck speakers? i installed the amp and generally sounds good, but noticed i’m not getting any music out of the L/R rear deck speakers. i’m wondering whether my software settings are off?

Comment

GreyM340i did you have any issues with getting sound out of your rear deck speakers? i installed the amp and generally sounds good, but noticed i’m not getting any music out of the L/R rear deck speakers. i’m wondering whether my software settings are off?
                      That’s weird. Mine is working fine when I fade front to back. Maybe reset the settings try it before loading the file again.

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post
                          Hey everyone! Just wanted to share my experience with upgrading my audio in my M3. The original system was a Hi-Fi system however the previous owner upgraded the speakers to BavSound speakers and a older Dynavin double din head unit. After receiving the car I changed the head unit out to a just released Sony XAV-AX6000 unit and even found a great deal on a now discontinued BavSound 10” powered subwoofer that mounts to the rear deck.
                          Did you use an installation kit for the Sony XAV-X6000 or did it come with something manageable for the installation?

Comment

Originally posted by MathewM3 View Post

Did you use an installation kit for the Sony XAV-X6000 or did it come with something manageable for the installation?
                            I used the parts from the guy below. Everything worked perfectly.

Comment

Thanks, how would you rate your head unit?

Comment

Originally posted by MathewM3 View Post

Thanks, how would you rate your head unit?
                                I love it as it does everything I wanted plus the sound quality is great. Plus after the last update in December the CarPlay drop out issues are gone. Only thing I would say that would make it better is if the screen resolution was higher however most headunits are about the same. Don’t get me wrong it’s not bad however I figured in 2023 we would have OLED screens on everything lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X