After 14yrs of ownership, i decided to sell my SG/IR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 14yrs of ownership, i decided to sell my SG/IR

Going to a great new home……Ben @ Rogue Engineering!

Final wash a couple days ago.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4C678F95-273F-4FB3-96D7-EC8F4D042DF6.jpg Views:	5 Size:	225.9 KB ID:	199235

Click image for larger version  Name:	39C3B783-776E-4DBF-A995-108DC72A16F8.jpg Views:	5 Size:	217.7 KB ID:	199237
    Click image for larger version

Name:	07891BB4-B192-4441-B06B-03EA6E616CDF.jpg
Views:	1434
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	199244
    Click image for larger version  Name:	F4607B60-D01C-4449-9CEC-2001F5CC70C9.png Views:	5 Size:	439.9 KB ID:	199238
    Click image for larger version  Name:	79B8C535-8DCD-44FE-B537-69FB8FC74D72.png Views:	5 Size:	647.7 KB ID:	199240
    Click image for larger version  Name:	E2DF9702-A6F7-49AF-BF53-F333705EB7BC.png Views:	5 Size:	542.2 KB ID:	199241
    Click image for larger version  Name:	39F0AD2B-AEA9-455D-AAEE-75A0A5E6B3DE.png Views:	6 Size:	514.6 KB ID:	199239
    Last edited by antknee; 01-05-2023, 01:00 PM.

Just saw RE post this. What an absolute gem of a car.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
      Just saw RE post this. What an absolute gem of a car.
      thanks bud! I babied that car way too much. Can't wait to see what RE ends up doing with it.

Comment

Whats next!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprp85 View Post
          Whats next!
          not sure just yet. would love for it to be some form of a P-car

Comment

Nie car! One of the best color combo!

Comment

What a beautiful car ! What year and mileage?
              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by kermmmit7 View Post
                Nie car! One of the best color combo!
                Ty!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                  What a beautiful car ! What year and mileage?
                  2005, with 111k, 6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post

not sure just yet. would love for it to be some form of a P-car
                    I also keep thinking about selling the M3 and buying a 997. Prices have really gone up on them. I guess like everything else lol

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post
                      I also keep thinking about selling the M3 and buying a 997. Prices have really gone up on them. I guess like everything else lol
                      IDK… I helped a friend source a 997Cab4S a year or so after I got this car. The more time I spent in it the more I appreciated (read “preferred”) this car. And his cost roughly double. I never got that out of my mind. Couldn’t figure out what that extra cake was for. Sure some here will say “Cab” was the problem, or not a 6MT or whatever. My view is unless it’s a GTS or Turbo or some color that just doesn’t come in these (like the Mocha Brown they like to do), don’t bother. But my TiAG / Imola v his Black / Grey?? Puhleeeez!

Back on point, this SG / Imola is another hot one. I drove a couple of those that nonBMW dealers would confuse for “Silver” back in the day.

Me: “No not THAT silver, the other one. [Test drives car anyway, for fun]”🤣😂

maw
                      Last edited by maw1124; 01-05-2023, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

IDK… I helped a friend source a 997Cab4S a year or so after I got this car. The more time I spent in it the more I appreciated (read “preferred”) this car. And his cost roughly double. I never got that out of my mind. Couldn’t figure out what that extra cake was for. Sure some here will say “Cab” was the problem, or not a 6MT or whatever. My view is unless it’s a GTS or Turbo or some color that just doesn’t come in these (like the Mocha Brown they like to do), don’t bother. But my TiAG / Imola v his Black / Grey?? Puhleeeez!

Back on point, this SG / Imola is another hot one. I drove a couple of those that nonBMW dealers would confuse for “Silver” back in the day.

Me: “No not THAT silver, the other one. [Test drives car anyway, for fun]”🤣😂

maw
                        have a couple good friends with 997s. The issue for me is they’re basically just prettier 996s and while that goes a long way, it doesn’t make it juicy enough to justify the premium… for me.

I love the immediacy of the power train on shifts - no wind up like a front engined rear drive car. But then again, the engine didn’t feel ‘special’ enough to justify the premium.

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post
                          I love the immediacy of the power train on shifts - no wind up like a front engined rear drive car. But then again, the engine didn’t feel ‘special’ enough to justify the premium.
                          Yes! And in the Turbos, that’s a real thing! Prominent like the DCT in the E9XM. But that’s a different animal altogether, engine wise. Of course there you have lag and a whole lot more premium. A 996 Turbo is one of those sleeper cars that I feel like might one day be had for a number that makes great sense (Porsche purists notwithstanding).

maw

Comment

Damn another OG selling lol

Best of luck on whatever you get next!
                            2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                            2005 BMW ///M3
                            Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                            2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                            2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                            2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

That must have been hard (that's what she said) to sell. Were you the original owner?

I've thought about selling my 2011 E90 M3 a couple of times...just can't do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X