Recommendations for MSS54 to MSS54HP conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for MSS54 to MSS54HP conversion

I see Kassel offers this service but I've heard mixed things/feelings so I want to see who people on the forum have been using? For my case, I'd be doing the conversion to run the karbonious airbox w/out the flap, and with stock M3 cams.
    2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

If I had to do it again, I'd probably go HTE since he ended up remote dyno tuning my M3 as well.

Comment

Hassan/HTE will do the physical DME conversion?
      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

I would check with Martyn at ECUWorx. Based on his posts, the MSS54 tool he created and his build journals, he knows these ECUs inside out.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
          Hassan/HTE will do the physical DME conversion?
          That what it sounded like when I was messaging back and forth with him when I was getting my smog done.

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post

That what it sounded like when I was messaging back and forth with him when I was getting my smog done.
            Hey, sorry off topic but I saw that you decided to sell your car.

Were you surprised that it didn’t go higher?

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

Hey, sorry off topic but I saw that you decided to sell your car.

Were you surprised that it didn’t go higher?
              Yes, but I'm already over that. The guy I'm selling it to is local and seems like a good dude, so I'm happy it's going to a fellow enthusiast.

Comment

Yes, but I'm already over that. The guy I'm selling it to is local and seems like a good dude, so I'm happy it's going to a fellow enthusiast.
                Yeah, sorry that it didn’t sell for more. I was actually shocked when I saw the final price. Had I known it was going to be that low, I would have placed a bid. I honestly thought that the price would explode upwards in the final seconds of the auction.

You think the mods scared people away?

Comment

I understand he's outside of the US, though, no? That would be a dealbreaker as I'm sure shipping and turnaround time would make it unreasonable.

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                  I would check with Martyn at ECUWorx. Based on his posts, the MSS54 tool he created and his build journals, he knows these ECUs inside out.
                  News to me that he does this as well, but it looks like he does in fact do physical conversions per his site. In any case, though, the above would still apply and push me towards kassel or something stateside.
                  2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Mind sharing what the car went for? I'm fairly confident that car prices are going to tank soon. Including M3 prices.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
                      Mind sharing what the car went for? I'm fairly confident that car prices are going to tank soon. Including M3 prices.
                      Bid for the chance to own a 2001 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #95,923.

$47,500 but the surprise was because this is an LSB m3 with clean desirable mods. I thought for sure this would have been $60k plus. This car also had less then 100k miles.

That is why I asked the seller, was curious to know if the mods hurt the car or if it is because the car market. I kinda have to agree with you about the market, I think prices will fall and normalize.

I am starting to see other car prices fall and normalize and it’s only a matter of time before the entire market is normalized.

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post

I understand he's outside of the US, though, no? That would be a dealbreaker as I'm sure shipping and turnaround time would make it unreasonable.

News to me that he does this as well, but it looks like he does in fact do physical conversions per his site. In any case, though, the above would still apply and push me towards kassel or something stateside.
                        With some people having issues with Kassel, Martyn seems to be a much more reliable option for the conversion. Something like this you want done right the first time and surface mounting chips is no joke. Worth paying the extra shipping cost, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

With some people having issues with Kassel, Martyn seems to be a much more reliable option for the conversion. Something like this you want done right the first time and surface mounting chips is no joke. Worth paying the extra shipping cost, IMO.
                          Could I ask, what problems has Kassel been having?

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

Could I ask, what problems has Kassel been having?
                            IIRC, there were a few people that posted about sending their ECU for the conversion and getting another ECU back that was not their original one (exchange service?) and the there was some issues with the tune where the car did not run correctly. Also, certain options, such as EWS delete or modified cam profiles, were not applied correctly. Soldering chips and putting the base CSL software with stock cam profiles on an original working ECU should not cause any issues on a car that was working fine in standard form.

Comment

I just bought another ecu already compatible with the CSL tune from a 05/06 and sent it to kassel.no conversion no problems and daily driver too.no issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X