New Software Utility for the E39 M5 & E46 M3 by ECUWorx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Software Utility for the E39 M5 & E46 M3 by ECUWorx

As per the title I've just put together a new utility for you guys that can do a few basics on the DME.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DME_Utility-Release.png Views:	0 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	20329
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DME_Utility-Release-Codes.png Views:	0 Size:	17.7 KB ID:	20330

The software can be used with a standard K/DCAN cable (set to COM1) to do the following:
    - Read DME information such as VIN, DME type, DME software version, number of flashes available etc
    - Read Fault codes
    - Clear Fault codes
    - Read key adaptation values such as your long and short term fuel trims, your ignition adaptations and your vanos adaptations.
    - Clear adaptations

The software is provided free of charge and can be downloaded from here > https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/downloads

Simply extract the zip file keeping the folder structure as is, ensure your K/DCAN cable is set to 'COM1' and fire up the app.
    Last edited by Martyn; 05-03-2020, 02:36 AM.

Thanks for all you do for the community.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
      Thanks for all you do for the community.
      Seriously. I can’t wait to give this a try, and the money I spent on the binary editing tool has been worth it many times over.
      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Awesome!

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Might be worth adding an EWS sync function. I was thinking of making a quick utility to do so myself, but seems like you’ve already got 99% of the code to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
            Might be worth adding an EWS sync function. I was thinking of making a quick utility to do so myself, but seems like you’ve already got 99% of the code to do so.
            Good shout, I did add EWS sync status but wasn't sure whether the result I was getting back was acurate as I don't have the stock DME in the car anymore, just the bench.

Comment

Very cool! Just downloaded it. What are the Cylinder # Ign. values?

Comment

Thanks Martyn, I love a straight up graphic interface!
                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                Instagram

Comment

You the man, thanks for this.
                  2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                  2005 BMW ///M3
                  Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                  2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                  2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                  2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Sweet! Thanks
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

That’s awesome. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by beefaroni View Post
                        Very cool! Just downloaded it. What are the Cylinder # Ign. values?
                        They are the amount of timing in degress the car is pulling or add on a particular cylinder.

Comment

Thanks a lot for this, Martyn! Nice to have something simple that will show and clear adaptations in one convenient little place. Was annoyed when I bought the Schwaben tool to find that it doesn't reset the LTFTs when you "reset adaptations".

On the subject of adaptations:

1. Are there any other (perhaps less "important") adaptations that are reset when you "reset adaptations" besides LTFT and ignition timing? (I'm assuming your tool doesn't reset the VANOS adaptations... or does it?)

2. In ideal/average conditions on a healthy engine with no problems, what should one expect/hope for the ignition timing numbers to look like? Anything specific one would want to look out for in those numbers that might indicate a problem somewhere?

Comment

Can we clear flash count?

Comment

No. MSSflasher.
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                              X