No announcement yet.

New Software Utility for the E39 M5 & E46 M3 by ECUWorx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this! The flash counter is a god send, I downloaded this right after the bin modification tool, so perfect timing! Being able to see the flash count update after each flash I did with the modification tool and BMWflash was great!
    2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
    Instagram
    Youtube

Comment

How long should it take to read the faults? I hit Read Faults and the program does nothing then crashes and I've got to kill it in task manager.

Comment

Is your COM port set correctly? Does the car identify the ECU correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
          Is your COM port set correctly? Does the car identify the ECU correctly?
          Yes, Com Port set correctly and latency set to 1 and it identifies the ECU correctly.

As an addition: I reinstalled the free software package that I freshly downloaded from Bimmergeeks, following all install steps. When I run INPA I get an error stating that language versions don't match, but I understand that that is common and inconsequential. I can select "Quickly scan for error codes" and it says there are 8 errors. When I try the normal "Read errors" option, INPA eventually stops responding.
          Last edited by OneSwellFoop; 05-06-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

That's probably why my software stops responding as it's executing the same command as INPA.

Comment

Ugh, I think it's got something to do with Windows 10. I tried installing INPA on another machine but the same thing happens. What a pain in the butt. There's no reason we should be required to run outdated software to have scanning programs work.

Comment

INPA is fine on Windows 10, perhaps you could try resetting the ECU with a battery disconnect or something

Comment

Well, it appears that I may have larger issues. I noticed that the convertible top light was flashing even though the top is and has been fully closed. I figured it might be because of a low battery issue, since a low battery can make our cars do all sorts of wacky stuff and it's been sitting for about 3 weeks. My charger shows the battery as fully charged, but it's very old, and the car didn't want to turn over when I tried to crank it as a test.

I've got it on a trickle charge, so hopefully that will correct the convertible top error and my inability to read the errors properly. Ah, the odd pleasures of owning a 16 year old BMW!

Comment

Originally posted by OneSwellFoop View Post
                    How long should it take to read the faults? I hit Read Faults and the program does nothing then crashes and I've got to kill it in task manager.
                    Mine does this too and has done it every since I went to the CSL software. INPA does the same but my BT cable can read them without issue. If I clear the faults without reading them first, the program will run correctly and then tell me, of course, that there are zero faults.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Mine does this too and has done it every since I went to the CSL software. INPA does the same but my BT cable can read them without issue. If I clear the faults without reading them first, the program will run correctly and then tell me, of course, that there are zero faults.
                      Interesting. Is yours running the true CSL bootloader or the version modified to work with the stock one? If the latter, where did you get the modified binary?

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

Interesting. Is yours running the true CSL bootloader or the version modified to work with the stock one? If the latter, where did you get the modified binary?
                        It’s the modified version that is available on the mssflasher site. I recently got an additional obd2 reader for another brand of car that can also do basic code pulling on any make, I’ll have to try it out to see if it can pull codes.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

It’s the modified version that is available on the mssflasher site. I recently got an additional obd2 reader for another brand of car that can also do basic code pulling on any make, I’ll have to try it out to see if it can pull codes.
                          The binaries on MSSFlasher do omit a change that might be causing that issue. I hadn't spoken up too much about it in the past since people were seemingly using it without issue. I could upload binaries that do make the change

Comment

The binaries on MSSFlasher do omit a change that might be causing that issue. I hadn't spoken up too much about it in the past since people were seemingly using it without issue. I could upload binaries that do make the change
                            That would be awesome as it is quite annoying to have to get a different cable to pull codes.

Comment

If you could upload the binaries that would be fantastic! I'm using the CSL tune from the MSSFlasher website and cannot read my error codes. Interestingly, I have no issue reading error codes for the transmission.

My odyssey is as follows: Posted on here yesterday about issues reading the codes. Had the convertible top error light start flashing, later on, dash lights start flashing even when there's no key in the car. Figuring it might be a low battery causing the issues, I hook it up to a trickle charger for 4-5 hours. Following that, only three lights on the dash would light up at all, no response whatsoever when I turned the key, and driver's side window was stuck partially down and would not budge.

Took the battery to Autozone to be tested, they said it was too dead to test, but that they'd charge it then test it. I go back 4-5 hours later to have them test it and it picked up no charge at all. Battery is dead as a doornail. Got a new battery, dropped that in, no more flashy lights and all electrics appear to be working fine, except for the fact that I now have a cog light on (error code is 97, spannungsversorgung ubatt, and I think just related to the low voltage and bad battery..

So, that's one issue tackled but, after all that, I still can't read my engine error codes.
                              Last edited by OneSwellFoop; 05-07-2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Try this: https://nam3forum.com/forums/filedata/fetch?id=12984

Flash only the program - leave your tune as is (the tune built into the file above is just a standard CSL tune).

Now read off your tune and change 0xE002 from 00 to 01, then flash that tune to your car.

That program also has the changes to trigger the alternator light over the CAN-bus. To enable that, you'd set 0x5968 to 01 05 0A and enable "GENERATOR_UEBER_CAN" in your instrument cluster. If you already have the direct wiring done, then you could leave it alone and things will function like they did before.

Comment

Working...
                                X