No announcement yet.

Using DIS & INPA Service/Test Features?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here is the TIS that I’m trying to perform for the Throttle Bodies, 13 54 010. There is a call out to use DIS Tester to activate the TB actuator.

After playing around in DIS for a very long time I found a few screens that show the throttle actuator under the “Function Selection” section from the bottom screens. However when I select the unit on the far right column I don’t get an option to “activate” that module.

What am I doing wrong??

The “Control Module Functions” also don’t show anything on the DME section. Playing around with other sections and controls in this area I was able to “activate” windshield wipers as a test. However there was the screen below shows up for DME relate items.

This led me to believe all functions were activated from the previous “Function Selection” screen, but no luck.

Any advice?

2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

It should be somewhere within the DME menu, not in that drop down you're looking at.

Follow this guide and then once you're in the DME menu, look for the throttle body stuff: https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...ng-dis.106289/

Edit for clarity:

Follow that guide up until the following step:

9. You should now be in the DME menu with 4 options: [1] Fault symptoms, [2] Function test, [3] Service functions, [4] Expert mode.
      Then click through each of those four menus and look for the throttle body thing, can't remember exactly where it is off the top of my head.
      Last edited by heinzboehmer; 02-20-2023, 06:59 PM.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
        It should be somewhere within the DME menu, not in that drop down you're looking at.

Follow this guide and then once you're in the DME menu, look for the throttle body stuff: https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...ng-dis.106289/

Edit for clarity:

Follow that guide up until the following step:

Then click through each of those four menus and look for the throttle body thing, can't remember exactly where it is off the top of my head.
        Thanks for the tips! Th3 m3cutters link along with the YouTube video I found below helped me get it figured out. I’ll post the process with screen shots later.

2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

I used the links below to figure out how to get to the "Diagnosis Selection" screen. Where I went wrong is on the "Diagnosis Function and component selection" screen. You can choose the desired categories in the first two columns to filter down before clicking on "Test Schedule" or "Test Plan" (depending on your version). If you click on the specific component in the far right column you wont be able to click on "Test Plan". This is what confused me. I didnt realize you only need to select items in either just the left or left and center columns.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

This is showing you how to get to the vanos test useing the bmw factory computer tec hope this helps thanks from bmp conversions

Click on “Actuator”, the click the green arrow on the right.

You will see a screen communicating with the DME. After the information populates, click the green arrow in the right.

After that I selected 3 Vehicle Discussion "Service Functions". You have to click on the actual text until it’s highlighted like in the picture below, then click on the green arrow on the right to continue.

The next screen is all in German, but 8 "Set el. throttle valve controller full-load stop" is what you want. Similar to the last screen you have to click on the text to highlight what you want to activate, then click the green arrow.

Here it is translated.

You will be prompted to put the key into position 2 before continuing.

Translated.

Upon activation, you will hear it engage and it will be held at WOT until you choose to stop.

Hope this helps!
          Last edited by duracellttu; 03-04-2023, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X