VMR V703 vs OE ZCP wheel differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VMR V703 vs OE ZCP wheel differences?

Would like to know how the V703 style differs from OE ZCP wheels. Aside from the obvious things like the color and stamped letters around the center caps, how do these wheels differ? Some people say the spoker are thinner, they're not as concave etc. Here are my 19x8.5 and 19x9.5. VMR told me the 9.5 is even more concave than OE. I put a flat bar across the face of the rear wheel and measured the concavity at 54-56 mm from the top of the center cap lip. Can anyone compare that to the OE wheels? These wheels are basically 1/3 of the price of OE and I'm thinking to buy a black set from my E46 vs buying a used set of OE and powdercoating them.

One other visual difference I noticed.... on OE wheels it looks like the area where letters are stamped is flatted out which gives it a ring and makes the look more concave?. I really can't tell how else they differ?

19x9.5

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.0 KB ID:	206195

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.7 KB ID:	206199

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	206200

19x8.5"

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.0 KB ID:	206196 ​​​​​​

Here is OE for comparison.

Click image for larger version  Name:	44359429862_90ba0c6190_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.7 KB ID:	206202
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Maxima SE; 02-19-2023, 04:59 PM.
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

My ZCP wheels are off the car for winter storage, so was able to do this measurement on the rear wheels. Looks like ZCP are deeper, I measure 71mm. The straight edge was resting on the tire, but that's only about 1-2mm off from the wheel edge so actual distance is going to be right around 70

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	520
Size:	1,021.6 KB
ID:	206218

Comment

Originally posted by MarcZCP View Post
      My ZCP wheels are off the car for winter storage, so was able to do this measurement on the rear wheels. Looks like ZCP are deeper, I measure 71mm. The straight edge was resting on the tire, but that's only about 1-2mm off from the wheel edge so actual distance is going to be right around 70
      Thank you. Do you know how height the lip for the center cap is? on the V703 they're about 8mm tall. I went and re-measured the concavity again and its definitely under 60mm and no where near 70 mm if measured from the surface of the tire (275/30 PS4). Perhaps the 19x10 may be as deep as the OE wheels
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

About 10mm

Views:	518
Size:	795.3 KB
ID:	206222

I also took this picture, from a similar angle to one from your original post, for comparison

Views:	517
Size:	637.1 KB
ID:	206223

Comment

Ended up installing them on My Z4M that I just lowered on Bilstein B12 pro kit. For anyone that is thinking about buying these wheels, here is how they look ! The rears may not be as concave but the setup still looks very beautiful. I am very happy with the results. My rears are 19x9.5". Perhaps the 19x10 is just as concave as OE ZCP.

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	275.9 KB
ID:	207517

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	207515

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	207516
          Attached Files
          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Def a good looking rep. Perhaps they made changes, because they used to be quite obviously a rep - spoke too thin was the dead giveaway, and the finish, understandably, was not as premium as the BMW paint.

They were cast and thus, heavy. Maybe they're flow formed now (like ag m359s), and had a redesign?
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              Def a good looking rep. Perhaps they made changes, because they used to be quite obviously a rep - spoke too thin was the dead giveaway, and the finish, understandably, was not as premium as the BMW paint.

They were cast and thus, heavy. Maybe they're flow formed now (like ag m359s), and had a redesign?
              Yeah they are not too bad. For $900 shipped black Friday sale I can’t complaint. I am not sure how they are made but the finish is not the best. There are a couple areas where the clear coat was a little runny and few dust particles below the paint. Also the lug holes are poorly painted. Overall it’s stuff you notice up close. I may get the black ones for the E46 since these are close enough. The AG M359 on the other hand are an exact replica. Side by side they look exactly the same !
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

They're nice wheels, I bought them from a forum member here who went with 18's. I agree that they are super heavy in cast form and 19's are harsh especially living in the Bay Area. The VMR's I have are an exact replica size of the CSL's front and back, 8.5" fronts and 9.5" rears. They look fantastic, but I'm on a hunt for BBS CH's, I just love those wheels.

Comment

VMR703 on the left and CSL on the right.

VMR are 9.5 -40 offset and CSL are oem 9.5 -27
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                    They're nice wheels, I bought them from a forum member here who went with 18's. I agree that they are super heavy in cast form and 19's are harsh especially living in the Bay Area. The VMR's I have are an exact replica size of the CSL's front and back, 8.5" fronts and 9.5" rears. They look fantastic, but I'm on a hunt for BBS CH's, I just love those wheels.
                    yup. I started out with these same VMRs and realized I too wanted a set of CH wheels. They come in two flavors - S and R; so I wanted the Rs. They are 10.5” rear. Picked up a set and had them refinished, I am very happy with them. I do not believe BBS makes that exact spec anymore. Keep an eye out, they’re out there.

Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by sda2 View Post
                      VMR703 on the left and CSL on the right.

VMR are 9.5 -40 offset and CSL are oem 9.5 -27
                      Mine are 9.5 +22. I wonder if that offset is more concave than +40.
                      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post

yup. I started out with these same VMRs and realized I too wanted a set of CH wheels. They come in two flavors - S and R; so I wanted the Rs. They are 10.5” rear. Picked up a set and had them refinished, I am very happy with them. I do not believe BBS makes that exact spec anymore. Keep an eye out, they’re out there.
                        I'm assuming you went with CH-R 19's? What was the size you went with in front, 9.5"?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

Mine are 9.5 +22. I wonder if that offset is more concave than +40.
                          Yes, the 40 offset is non M, and would be less concave. One of the (few) benefits of reps over factory wheels is better offsets.
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Forum for BMW 1-Series 3-Series 5-Series 7-Series M3 M5 M6 Z4 X1 X3 X5 X6 Z2 Z4 325i 330i 335i 535i 550i 755i BMW Forums

19x9.5 and 19x10 both in + 22.

Name:	4587554010_92c74b85b3_o.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	207625
                            Attached Files
                            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

I'm assuming you went with CH-R 19's? What was the size you went with in front, 9.5"?
                              R. 8.5” front, mostly due to spacers required to run 996 brembos.
                              Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X