What is this error code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

Lol smh. They charged you and didn't even run the test?

ISTA isn't the way to go unless you want to spend hundreds of dollars on an ICOM cable setup. The basic functions of ISTA work with a normal OBDII cable, but none of the advanced functions, which the VANOS test is. You need DIS. By far the simplest way I've seen to get it up and running is to just pay these guys $45, DL their software package, follow their install instructions. If anything goes wrong they'll fix it for you very quickly. Might want to double check with them first that it'll work with CSL software, but I don't see why it wouldn't. https://www.pss-autosoft.net/
    The VANOS test in this purchase is in German, FYI.
    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Having done the full run-around and spent a lot of time fiddling with different software, including DIS from aforementioned pss-software, for me, its worth ponying up for the ICOM cable. I haven't done it yet but its coming.
      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

The VANOS test in this purchase is in German, FYI.
        Mine wasnt (but not running csl software)

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

Mine wasnt (but not running csl software)
          Thanks, my mistake, I didn't realize that had an effect.

Comment

Working...
          X