Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

With a cage?
    Yes full cage, I think he race in the CASC GT Sprint Championship.
    2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

BTW if you are looking to get better laptime (not sure if possible for you), driving with windows up (or lexan) in front doors help a lot with aero but you will need a Cool suit which add some weight!

Comment

If you’re interested in joining the radiator support with the strut towers for torsional rigidity, you might want to pull molds of those two parts from the cabrio, as they’re allegedly connected with some beefier mounts. You’ll need the core support to be to tied into the frame rails with good in-plane shear to take advantage of an extra mount to the struts, or the existing front longitudinals where the fenders attach.

Very cool! You should make more of these, especially if it can be tied in directly to the Slon windshield cowl brace
        ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
          BTW if you are looking to get better laptime (not sure if possible for you), driving with windows up (or lexan) in front doors help a lot with aero but you will need a Cool suit which add some weight!
          In ‘Murica we have to have the windows down.

I’m pretty happy with the lap times. I haven’t gone the Hoosier/scrub route on tires yet. I can probably drop 2 seconds and 25lbs that way. I definitely can do things to reduce drag. My Amazon.com NRG rear wing is pretty draggy…it was free with Hilton Honors points…🤣🤣🤣

The weight loss is awesome for brake and tire longevity. My car is relatively low cost to run. About 35-40 sessions on a set of tires, 50+ on front brake pads, and about 9-10 mpg.

Comment

The weight loss is awesome for brake and tire longevity. My car is relatively low cost to run. About 35-40 sessions on a set of tires, 50+ on front brake pads, and about 9-10 mpg.
            That is amazing. Love the amount of thought and tinkering you have done over the years.

Mike
            02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
            11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
            16 X5

Comment

In ‘Murica we have to have the windows down.

I’m pretty happy with the lap times. I haven’t gone the Hoosier/scrub route on tires yet. I can probably drop 2 seconds and 25lbs that way. I definitely can do things to reduce drag. My Amazon.com NRG rear wing is pretty draggy…it was free with Hilton Honors points…🤣🤣🤣

In Canada too we have to have windows down but some gentlemen/club racing here allow windows up, which is a big advantage!

Have you completely removed the undercoating under the car and wheel wells? I did it on my last race car build and stitch welded all the chassis! I also cut all sheet metal inside the cabin, all that was left was pretty much what you see on the outside to the car. Than I was able to have more space for driver with cage directly against the A-B pillars. Too bad I never put that car on a scale…

IMO, instead of cutting the cage and make another one, just get another chassis and make a fresh build from it than swap everything on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

In Canada too we have to have windows down but some gentlemen/club racing here allow windows up, which is a big advantage!

Have you completely removed the undercoating under the car and wheel wells? I did it on my last race car build and stitch welded all the chassis! I also cut all sheet metal inside the cabin, all that was left was pretty much what you see on the outside to the car. Than I was able to have more space for driver with cage directly against the A-B pillars. Too bad I never put that car on a scale…

IMO, instead of cutting the cage and make another one, just get another chassis and make a fresh build from it than swap everything on it!
                I have not done the undercoating yet. I guess I could get another chassis but I really don't have room for another non-runner. I'm working on getting a non-runner E92 M3. If that becomes a reality then ...and then not sure how much work I'll be putting into the E46.
                Last edited by bigjae46; 03-08-2023, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X