Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear clunk question

Hey guys
    had an OS giken 4.10 diff in my car which I returned to stock in preparation to sell. Swapped the diff for a stock one and now I’m experiencing the knocking if I’m going on/off throttle. And under little heavier shifts. It’s noticeable and wasn’t there before.

Diff cover bushes are good and oem
    Front diff bush is AKG poly I believe

we did have trouble with front diff bolt which was kind of stripping but then seemed to grab and work in the end.

before I look for another diff, would the poly front bush make the noise worse (no noise was heard before with other diff). Cheers

Originally posted by Rajvosa View Post
    we did have trouble with front diff bolt which was kind of stripping but then seemed to grab and work in the end.
    I have a feeling the threads in your diff for the front bolt are stripped and the bolt is loose. Put a wrench on the bolt to check. If they're stripped, a timesert is a viable solution.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Yeah, a couple of threads engaged ain't gonna cut it. Time for an M16 bolt conversion.

Comment

get a video under the diff to see how much it moves up/down during forward/reverse. If it doesn't move too much, then the LSD clutch pack slip with the clunk.

Comment

Working...
        X