MATCH UP7 BMW AMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MATCH UP7 BMW AMP

After reading through this thread and reaching out to the OP, I'm a bit confused on how this amp would work with the stock speakers or Bavsound speakers in an E46 coupe.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share my experience with upgrading my audio in my M3. The original system was a Hi-Fi system however the previous owner upgraded the speakers to BavSound speakers and a older Dynavin double din head unit. After receiving the car I changed the head unit out to a just released Sony XAV-AX6000 unit and

The factory system has 8 channels for the cabin speakers while the HK adds subs in the trunk. The channels are as follows:

2 Front Mid-bass in the doors
    2 Front Mid & Tweet Combo in the doors (uses a single channel)
    2 Mid in the back seating area
    2 Mid-bass in the rear deck

How can a 7 channel amp run 8 channels?

Anyone else use this amp in their E46?

I can see it working great if you replaced the front door with two way components and rear deck speakers with co-axials. Then you would have an extra channel available to drive a sub.

It's a non starter for me, you shouldnt even have the rear 2" mids or even the rear midbass. 5 channel is better, smaller footprint/lighter.

That 7th channel could be summed for the rear midbass and I doubt you'd even notice, to make the 8 speakers work. The rear 2" are absolutely useless though. I'd be embarrassed running a larger/more expensive/ heavier amp just so I could give those little things power.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
    X