Totaled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
    Damage looks somewhat similar to my E36 when an idiot backed into it in a parking garage. The front half of the fender apron was bent, but no damage to the strut tower. I was able to straighten it out and achieve perfect fender fitment. I bought a used hood and fender and had them painted, but there are enough TiAg M3s out there that you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding used TiAg parts. Your repairs might not be too difficult or as expensive as it looks. If you decide to keep the car and repair it yourself, I’d be open to helping with the repairs.

Regarding the title, Geico totaled my car, but it kept its clean title for some reason. Carfax showed a total loss though. If there’s a chance you might sell it, a total loss on the carfax will hurt you.

Dude in Houston with TiAg parts:
    https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...5159563644849/
    Quite similar in terms of the work needed for the apron. It looks like on your e36 the front and half bit of the apron is all one piece but in the e46, there is the rear half with the shock tower and a front wheelhouse support bracket which seems to be the only part of the apron that is pinched/buckled on my car. Appreciate the offer- hoping it doesn't come to repairing in my garage but I suppose aside from welding in the new bracket, it should all be fairly DIYable.

Originally posted by George Hill View Post
    Insurance wrote the $23k estimate?

I assume you've had Berli's look at it?
    No, just the insurance adjuster came by (completely unanounced) to my house while I was gone and wrote it up. Not sure if Berli's would make sense, here, as I think they'd probably write up an equally high estimate and my previous experience with their apron seam sealing didn't instill much confidence lol. I'm thinking round rock collision but they're booked out till mid April which sucks but it is what it is I guess. Open to recs for a good body shop in the atx area anyone might have!
    Last edited by lemoose; 03-14-2023, 08:50 AM.
    2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post
      I'm thinking round rock collision but they're booked out till mid April which sucks but it is what it is I guess. Open to recs for a good body shop in the atx area anyone might have!
      If you go to RRCC, talk to Travis Murillo, tell him I sent you.
      '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
      Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
      Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

My insurance adjuster said the crash bar neesed to be replaced which i initially thought was just her racking up the estimate but i do however now see that it in fact it does have some damage but im neither sure if it was related to the accident nor whether it has any impact at all on the structural soundness of the crash bar- if it was steel obviously nor but not sure if this basically could compromise the composite material
        Attached Files

Comment

My insurance adjuster said the crash bar neesed to be replaced which i initially thought was just her racking up the estimate but i do however now see that it in fact it does have some damage but im neither sure if it was related to the accident nor whether it has any impact at all on the structural soundness of the crash bar- if it was steel obviously nor but not sure if this basically could compromise the composite material
          Isn't the front crash bar "disposable" since it's not part of the frame and meant to take low speed impacts?
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Isn't the front crash bar "disposable" since it's not part of the frame and meant to take low speed impacts?
            not sure but hopefully so. i did a horrible job capturing it above, but if you were to rotate the pic 90 degrees clockwise, youd see a small bit of fiber peeled/delaminated near the top of the crash bar. fairly confident it can be reused but idk its a composite so maybe not?

Comment

I wouldn't be too concerned about that minor defect. Take a better photo, you can usually see a break, but it's great with point impact resistance, so I'd just reuse if it's not very apparent. **I'm no engineer***

Comment

Little bit better
                Attached Files

Comment

Little bit better
                  It‘s replaceable. 2k or so new

Comment

Little bit better
                    I'd say it depends...that's an additional $2k closer to totaling it out... but if you're intending to keep it, I dont see why you'd need to replace that unless its visibly compromised once you remove and inspect the other side

Comment

Little bit better
                      Insurance is going to want to fix it, I know it seems trivial but their goal is to return the car to the condition it was before the accident.

With that said, that one is in waaaaaay better shape than the one on my car...
                      '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                      Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                      Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Working...
                      X