Totaled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totaled?

Well just a little over a week of enjoying the new airbox i manage to get hit. What do yall think the possible outcome from this is?
    Attached Files
    2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Shouldnt be totaled based on that pic alone. But need to check the frame rail to see if its bent or damaged first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks fine
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
        Shouldnt be totaled based on that pic alone. But need to check the frame rail to see if its bent or damaged first.
        The apron is certainly damaged, would that mean frame rail damage?

Comment

You just need some milk, and the car needs duct tape. Joke aside glad you're ok, but as long as the frames straight should be good.

Comment

Should be repairable from the photo, get yourself a new radiator and front clip refresh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

E46 chassis is a POS if that is totaled.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                E46 chassis is a POS if that is totaled.
                Im sure the car is structurally sound but my worry is their appraisal process which will throw in verts and SMGs into the market valuation and based off the cost to repair vs replacement value call it a total

Comment

year and mileage?
                  2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                  2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                  2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Fixable for sure! Buy it back and rebuild it 🦾
                    '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

I'll tell you how I think this will play out. On the surface, you need a new hood, new bumper, new fender, new corner lamp. Then the shop is going to quote you to paint the entire front end to blend it into the driver fender and both doors. Before you know it a $10,000 estimate is generated. Total loss. If the suspension or the shock tower is damaged too then forget it.Is it fixable? easily with some used parts as long as there is no suspension or shock tower damage. You gotta find a shop that isn't going to quote you some insane number to repaint half the car. Stick with whatever needs to be replaced/repainted. Otherwise, with the crazy cost of parts/labor and bodyshop greed nowadays you're looking at some ridiculous repair cost.
                      Last edited by Maxima SE; 03-10-2023, 06:54 PM.
                      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                        I'll tell you how I think this will play out. On the surface, you need a new hood, new bumper, new fender, new corner lamp. Then the shop is going to quote you to paint the entire front end to blend it into the driver fender and both doors. Before you know it a $10,000 estimate is generated. Total loss. If the suspension or the shock tower is damaged too then forget it.Is it fixable? easily with some used parts as long as there is no suspension or shock tower damage. You gotta find a shop that isn't going to quote you some insane number to repaint half the car. Stick with whatever needs to be replaced/repainted. Otherwise, with the crazy cost of parts/labor and bodyshop greed nowadays you're looking at some ridiculous repair cost.
                        Exactly what im bracing for especially when their insurance comes back and says theres an smg vert locally i can buy for 15k. I think the shock tower should be fine but the strut support piece is definitely busted

below is the video of the incident for yalls entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post

Exactly what im bracing for especially when their insurance comes back and says theres an smg vert locally i can buy for 15k. I think the shock tower should be fine but the strut support piece is definitely busted

https://share.icloud.com/photos/084o...9EzykLyAxQRg6w
                          Gosh ! that is terrible. I would be really upset ! sorry that happened to you !
                          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post

https://share.icloud.com/photos/084o...9EzykLyAxQRg6w
                            I would get a lawyer for this one due to the value of your car, the vehicle that hit you (they probably have a nice fat insurance policy) and the potential long term injuries due to the speed and force of the hit. Don't settle for whatever bullshit they are going to offer you. You can get your car back, fix it, and possibly get some stacks on top of it. Fuck this careless, oblivious moron in the bus.
                            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

I would get a lawyer for this one due to the value of your car, the vehicle that hit you (they probably have a nice fat insurance policy) and the potential long term injuries due to the speed and force of the hit. Don't settle for whatever bullshit they are going to offer you. You can get your car back, fix it, and possibly get some stacks on top of it. Fuck this careless, oblivious moron in the bus.
                              You normally have to take an ambulance after an accident to even remotely claim injuries, let alone long term ones. Even if you're not injured after an accident with whiplash, it's advised to go to the hospital because when you feel it 2-3 days later, insurance companies can claim you injured yourself after the accident.

I agree to get a lawyer involved though, might be smart with how much of a liability that driver poses for people. A U-turn at that speed and on that two lane road, what in the hell, why did he even signal?

Comment

Working...
                              X