No announcement yet.

Totaled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, see if you can pursue legal channels as that company box truck dude works for my pay out as that was some SEVERE negligence in his and/or their part. Sorry to see that, good luck with the repairs, looks like it can be fixed to me.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

oh no!
      '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
      Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
      Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Back in early 2020 someone took an illegal left turn in front of me in my previous ‘03.5 and it was totaled. Looked similar.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Interlagos View Post
          Back in early 2020 someone took an illegal left turn in front of me in my previous ‘03.5 and it was totaled. Looked similar.
          what kind of mileage did you have? and do you remember what the estimate came out to?

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
          year and mileage?
          2002, and 188k miles. I'm in bad waters lol
          2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Glad you're ok man, like everyone said it doesn't look bad and you acted as quickly as you could. That video sends shivers down my spine. Neck beards and mouth breathers do those types of moves fml.
            2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post
              what kind of mileage did you have? and do you remember what the estimate came out to?

I’d just hit 70k miles when the accident occurred — it was a Jet Black/Black 6MT with OEM CSL wheels, I was the second owner.

The estimate came out to a little over $9k. My insurance company only offered me $12k for the car (😂) and I had to fight for ~6 months to still end up only getting $20k for it, then another 5 months to get my deductible back. It was a nightmare.

Comment

Well just a little over a week of enjoying the new airbox i manage to get hit. What do yall think the possible outcome from this is?
                They're going to total it, you're going to buy it back and rebuild it with all factory parts in the same color, do a color correction (no paint) and down the road you go. If there's frame damage, all bets are off. I'm looking at a fender, a hood, a bumper and some under hood plastic, all of which is probably available on car-part as we type. Again, these are not rare cars and that's not a rare color. You might even get '06 parts to replace with.

Glad you're not hurt.

maw
                Last edited by maw1124; 03-11-2023, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Sorry man. That thing is a total loss. Insurance is going to claim its worth $14,000. I think you should buy it back and buy a used tiag hood and fender and swap it over. I think the bumper can be resprayed based on what I am seeing?
                  2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                  2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                  2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

City bus cuts you off making an illegal U turn on camera, get a lawyer and you can clean fucking house dude. I bet your neck hurts a little after a day or two also doesn't it. You were distracted and the adrenaline made you not notice or think straight, and that's why you didn't think you needed to go to the hospital right away.
                    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

I would get a lawyer for this one due to the value of your car, the vehicle that hit you (they probably have a nice fat insurance policy) and the potential long term injuries due to the speed and force of the hit. Don't settle for whatever bullshit they are going to offer you. You can get your car back, fix it, and possibly get some stacks on top of it. Fuck this careless, oblivious moron in the bus.
                      While I hope this is fixable and/or works out for you in the end, here are a few things you might consider:

Setting aside physical injuries (whether long term, actual or manufactured, etc.), the key here is one simple phrase: “diminution in value”. Depending on your jurisdiction and the laws of the state in which you reside, if the other driver was deemed at fault, their insurance company could be pursued for the difference between your insurance payout and the true value of the car. Comps are easy to find these days (see BaT) and the big numbers over the last few years will help. This could be pursued whether or not the car is totaled.

FWIW, “loss of use” is a secondary, and additional, approach but is less advantageous in the e46 world. That said, your claim on this front is factored by: the cost to rent an e46 m3 (see Turo) x the number of days your car is down. Again, this could also be pursued whether or not the car was totaled.

Lastly, making false claims re physical injuries is a bad look and can bite you. Badly. It’s never the move.

Comment

Might be totaled because there are very few aftermarket versions of M3 specific parts. The hood is about $1300 the last time I checked. Front core support - $1200, rebar and bumper - $1500, fender is about $500. Easy another $1000 in parts.

Almost $5k in parts and haven't even factored labor, paint and all of the other crap that gets added on. You might be able to get the insurance company to quote used parts, I'd stay away from used rebars and front bumpers - 99.99% are trash.

Comment

wow parts have skyrocketed in price. I should have bought a new hood when they were still $800
                          2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                          2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Shipping is a bigger issue. I've been taking quotes to ship doors for a different car all week.

maw

Comment

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Hate when crap like this happens because of people's negligence, and glad you had the dash cam rolling.

At least when I had a similar situation in Ontario insurance initially offered something like $6,900 CAD for my ZHP with 188k miles at the time. I basically fought them with a bunch of comps and got them to something like $9k before they told me to get my own appraisal if I thought my car was worth that much. Did so, appraisal came back with $13k and they repaired the car. With how much the M3s are worth, assuming no structural damage you can try the same and maybe get it fixed, or at the very least if there is structural damage come to a fair agreement on how much your payout is.

Comment

Damn. Sorry that happened. Glad you're not seriously injured.

Comment

Working...
                                X