5 things you like and 5 things you dislike about your m3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 things you like and 5 things you dislike about your m3

-What are the 5 things you like most about your M3?

-What are the 5 things you don't like about your M3? Is there anything you regret doing or not doing to your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I regret these TikTok YouTube internets trends.

I love everything about it, it's the best FUKING car ever!!!1
    Last edited by CrisSilberGrau; 03-12-2023, 09:56 AM.
    2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

As someone who hasn't modified my car anywhere to the level of some on this forum, I think it'd be insightful which modifications y'all personally enjoyed the most or found the most transformative. And also which mods you didn't like or found to be over-hyped. Could be something small like alcantara steering wheel, or big like
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Dislikes: Lack of lower rpm torque; quality of interior materials.

maw
        Last edited by maw1124; 03-13-2023, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I dislike that it’s so perfect and makes me insecure

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
            Dislikes: Lack of lower rpm torque; quality of interior materials.

maw
            Surprised you put down the interior. I am curious what you compare it to that you think was better at that price point. I think the e46/39 interior is fantastic. Both BMW and Audi interiors in that era were far superior to the soulless modern designs, in my opinion. Hard to find fault with it unless compared to full leather. There is the sticky stuff, but Ferrari, Maserati, and others used the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post

Surprised you put down the interior. I am curious what you compare it to that you think was better at that price point. I think the e46/39 interior is fantastic. Both BMW and Audi interiors in that era were far superior to the soulless modern designs, in my opinion. Hard to find fault with it unless compared to full leather. There is the sticky stuff, but Ferrari, Maserati, and others used the same thing.
              Nothing at that price point, to be fair (Benzes and Audi's of that period and before). I've made that point before -- it's a 3-series. If this was as good as the E39M, interior wouldn't have been listed. It's fine. I'm just comparing it to higher price point cars.

maw
              Last edited by maw1124; 03-12-2023, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Actually, I think the Audi of the era might edge it in material, if not design. But yes, the e46 is not bad by any means. It also certainly could have been better. Shame there was no extended leather option.

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post
                  Actually, I think the Audi of the era might edge it in material, if not design. But yes, the e46 is not bad by any means. It also certainly could have been better. Shame there was no extended leather option.
                  You're joking right?

There was an Extended Leather option, similar to the E39M Heritage. Most colors are NLA but ECS tuning still has some in stock. Of course, it's the same leather QUALITY as the rest of the interior, which at those prices doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But it's available. Some here have done it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	196.1 KB ID:	209315
                  My '04 Audi Allroad sits outside year round (this is garage kept under a factory cover), and the Audi has worn better.

maw
                  Last edited by maw1124; 03-13-2023, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Fighting words… that feces brown interior with extended effluent dashboard is not for me.
                    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                      Fighting words… that feces brown interior with extended effluent dashboard is not for me.
                      😂🤣😂Yeah, the Imola isn't much better. Just too much. The Kiwi looks better and I'm sure the LSB does too. In the end, I decided to pass, though I may just double back to extended leather Black where Black was from the factory.

maw

Comment

You're joking right?

There was an Extended Leather option, similar to the E39M Heritage. Most colors are NLA but ECS tuning still has some in stock. Of course, it's the same leather QUALITY as the rest of the interior, which at those prices doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But it's available. Some here have done it.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	196.1 KB ID:	209315
                        My '04 Audi Allroad sits outside year round (this is garage kept under a factory cover), and the Audi has worn better.

maw
                        My B5 S4 had a much nicer interior than my E46 M3 (I don't have extended leather). But, the M3 is far better to drive and work on. But---if I'd only had done the RS4 turbos, etc....

Comment

Power, induction noise, handling, looks, lap times
                          Lack of torque, engine noise (outside of the induction noise), 6th gear ratio (wish 80 wasn't 3k rpms), steering ratio (too slow), only made in Coupe, front turn signals turn down not up like an lci e46

Took me a bit to come up with dislikes but then I came up with 6

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
                            My B5 S4 had a much nicer interior than my E46 M3 (I don't have extended leather). But, the M3 is far better to drive and work on. But---if I'd only had done the RS4 turbos, etc....
                            There's an S4 Avant 4.2 on BaT right now demonstrating this very trouble... poor chap did chain guides and all ... I can relate because I've done them on the Allroad... no bueno... this car is a cakewalk in comparison.

maw

Comment

maw
                              True, the leather doesn't wear well but that doesn't mean it's bad really. It has a really nice hand (and smell) from the factory, I'll take that over most of the well wearing but artificial feeling leather of many other cars, ymmv.
                              And, if you still think the interior is poor, try one of the F chassis cars, it will make you appreciate the e46 so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X