-Styling
    -Sound
    -Perfect blend of tech and simplicity
    -Driving feel

Dislike:
    -The rising price of replacement parts
    -2nd gear can be kinda notchy in city driving especially when cold
    -Fuel mileage
    -The delicate rubberized interior trim and softness of the aluminum interior trim
    -The night terrors about vanos and rod bearings spontaneously self destructing (despite being bulletproofed)

Comment

Idk why everyone is saying "lack of tourque". For what it is, and especially the fact it's an undersquare motor, it has a great amount of torque.

Besides, it's a 3.2L i6; what do you expect? You're not going to have he same torque as a turbocharged or larger displacement motor!

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

My B5 S4 had a much nicer interior than my E46 M3 (I don't have extended leather). But, the M3 is far better to drive and work on. But---if I'd only had done the RS4 turbos, etc....
        Meh. The B5 S4 is a nightmare to work on and the driving dynamics are just OK. You're not missing out on much. I used to have a 450 whp B5 S4 6MT. It pales in comparison to an E46 M3 or E39 M5.
        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Syfon View Post
          Idk why everyone is saying "lack of tourque". For what it is, and especially the fact it's an undersquare motor, it has a great amount of torque.

Besides, it's a 3.2L i6; what do you expect? You're not going to have he same torque as a turbocharged or larger displacement motor!
          I personally say that because I feel like I have to do way too much with the go pedal to make anything meaningful happen

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

You're joking right?

There was an Extended Leather option, similar to the E39M Heritage. Most colors are NLA but ECS tuning still has some in stock. Of course, it's the same leather QUALITY as the rest of the interior, which at those prices doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But it's available. Some here have done it.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	196.1 KB ID:	209315
            My '04 Audi Allroad sits outside year round (this is garage kept under a factory cover), and the Audi has worn better.

maw
            Extended leather was not an option on the m3 as far as I know. Also, I think it was only an individual option on the normal car. Maybe the m3 too, but either way, it hardly exists. Show me someone in the US with a factory extended leather m3. I don't think you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

I personally say that because I feel like I have to do way too much with the go pedal to make anything meaningful happen
              That's the whole point. Sell the car and get a 335i.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

If you feel that way in sport mode, your car is broken.

I think a lot of people who complain about the torque drive convertibles. It is not the torque that is problematic, it is the 400 extra pounds. The others seem to have a problem taking an 8k RPM motor up high. Like the s2000 complaints, people buy a car that is designed to live at high RPM, and then they choose not to drive it that way.

Comment

Same exact thing happened/happening with the E9x M3.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                    That's the whole point. Sell the car and get a 335i.
                    Buy something that jumps immediately when you put your foot into it. Small displacement turbos don't actually do that for me, but a C63 or S55k will jump right up from under your arse if you're not ready for it. Makes driving this a rather calming experience all the way up to the redline.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post

Extended leather was not an option on the m3 as far as I know. Also, I think it was only an individual option on the normal car. Maybe the m3 too, but either way, it hardly exists. Show me someone in the US with a factory extended leather m3. I don't think you can.
                      It's an individual option, there are a few US cars with extended leather.

It's rare but not impossible.

My cinnamon shift boot and ebrake boot and armrest are all from an extended cinnamon car out of Nashville.
                      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                      2005 BMW ///M3
                      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I’m approaching ten years with the silver car and four years with the blue car. Some annoying issues here and there, but I’ve yet to get tired of driving them. I do take them up to 8200 RPM..if I didn’t, that would be a waste. Having the right mods matters, too.
                        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

I will say the same thing I said before:

Good idea, we can learn from this.

Things I liked

1. Autosolutions SSK
                          2. Going to a square setup
                          3. Zero toe all around
                          4. Recaro SPG XLs
                          5. Buying VCSL parts when you could

Things I didn't like

1. Installing the Autosolutions SSK
                          2. Rotating wheels on the square setup
                          3. Tramlining due to zero toe and a lot of neg camber
                          4. Getting in and out of the Recaro SPG XLs
                          5. Paying a premium for VCSL parts that still didn't fit that well

Wow that feels good to let out. We should do this more.​
                          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                          2005 BMW ///M3
                          Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Things I like:
                            1. Wanted one ever since it came out, and I still like it very much.
                            2. It's getting on to be 20 years old so I don't trip over stuff that's not perfect.
                            3. Manual gearbox! 2 pedal driving is great on long distances and in full-on traffic but 3 pedals are just more fun.
                            4. The car's age has led to insurance coverage dropping drastically. $500,000.00 per + aggregate liability, comp w/$100 deductible, uninsured motorist, etc... $1200 a year with AAA.
                            5. It's an M3!

What I don't like:
                            1. I'm not near KAIV any more, so repairs are more expensive now...
                            2. Good tires are still expensive
                            3. Getting beat by a new Camry off the line because I don't want to abuse the orig clutch in my ride (200K miles!)
                            4. Speed bumps and steep driveways
                            5. Getting followed around by the f@#$%&# Menlo Park & Palo Alto PD plus the CHP randomly just because I'm lowered. I've never done a 360 donut in my entire life...

Comment

1. The sound (8200RPM + CSL intake)
                              2. Looks
                              3. Steering
                              4. Simple timeless interior
                              5. Small yet usable size

1. Increasing cost and decreasing availability of parts
                              2. annoying to properly insure
                              3. values increasing == usability and fun decreasing
                              4. Stock seats are terrible
                              5. It’s not a sedan

Buying parts and working on my new to me NA Miata over the past few weeks made me realize how unreasonably expensive and complex these BMWs really are .. everything on the NA is trivially easy and satisfying in comparison. The parts diagrams suck compared to realoem though.

Comment

Dislikes:

Haters & insecure stoplight racers

Comment

Working...
                                X