Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can this door jamb sticker be purchased new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this door jamb sticker be purchased new?

Wanting to replace some peeling stickers in my driver door jamb as I continue to freshen up my M3, little by litt.e. The VIN sticker being one, but also this guy (the mercury warning). Any ideas if this sticker can be purchased new, and if so, any ideas where? I can't seem to find a part # for it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	52797082487_73059fd51a_z.jpg
Views:	1696
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	212683

As for the VIN sticker, is my best bet going through the dealership? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
    2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
    My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

You can fix the peeling nanny sticker by balling it up and throwing it in the trash.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
      You can fix the peeling nanny sticker by balling it up and throwing it in the trash.
      That's certainly one approach. But I think if the sticker isn't that expensive, I'd rather just replace it with a new example.

2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

Comment

Maybe a 2005+ thing. I don't even have one (2004). Looks better deleted IMO. And it's not an important one, and your car isn't a museum piece, no offense.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Why would you spend money to replace an ugly warning sticker?

Comment

lol

Comment

Replacing that warning sticker feels equivalent to replacing the warning sticker on the visors. Almost every owner wishes they were not there in the first place. OP, don't get too carried away with this type of stuff.
              Last edited by Slideways; 04-06-2023, 02:31 PM.

Comment

On a related question, can you replace the sticker with the VIN? Mine was removed during my restoration and respray. I'd like to add it back.
                2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

One member on her, I believe his name is Braymond from msportparts.com does repop stickers for the e36. Maybe he would be willing to do a batch of these..

not sure if he would or not, but maybe ask.

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
                    On a related question, can you replace the sticker with the VIN? Mine was removed during my restoration and respray. I'd like to add it back.
                    Yessir - need to bring registration (maybe even registration, I forget) and your ID and they'll order a new one for you at the Dealer. I believe it's 30-50. I plan on replacing mine when I respray the car
                    '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                      Maybe a 2005+ thing. I don't even have one (2004). Looks better deleted IMO. And it's not an important one, and your car isn't a museum piece, no offense.
                      How dare you?! Haha, ok, ok, after all the (unexpected) backlash, I'll just remove the sticker and move on with my life.

Originally posted by Estoril View Post
                      Why would you spend money to replace an ugly warning sticker?
                      You'd think I asked you to pay for the sticker! Relax!!

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                      Replacing that warning sticker feels equivalent to replacing the warning sticker on the visors. Almost every owner wishes they were not there in the first place. OP, don't get too carried away with this type of stuff.
                      My OCD gets the best of me sometimes. One of the first things I did when buying my car was to remove those horrible visor stickers.

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
                      That's on my To Do list. I've got a message out to my local service/parts department inquiring about this. While it's not peeling as badly as the mercury sticker, it's starting to curl up on the edge and annoying the shit out of me.

2021 BMW M340i

Comment

Edit: Seems like alot of cars came with them, not sure if specific to CA though.

Found p/n for one, ironically from the Rolls-Royce. Font is a little different though

Another option would be to razor blade a nice one off an X3, E82, etc from a junkyard...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by jvit27; 04-08-2023, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Just dropping in to add my support for people with sticker OCD.

Yeah it's not necessary to put a warning sticker like that back on, but I enjoy the hunt of tracking these things down and having all the little details just-so.

I know it's silly, but still fun :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
                          Build Thread:
                          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Working...
                          X