Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 M3 - Dinan vs Eventuri Intake

Hi Everyone,

Between the Dinan intake and Eventuri intake systems, which produces more induction noise?

Eventuri. A bit more noise and power. Both are the two best options for MAF and stock plenum (and B-line if you ever see it).
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      Eventuri. A bit more noise and power. Both are the two best options for MAF and stock plenum (and B-line if you ever see it).
      When you say “a bit,” is it really noticeable?

Isn’t other options I should be considering?

I don’t want it to be as quiet as stock, but I’m not willing to spend Carbon Airbox money yet!
      Last edited by Andratch; 05-07-2023, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I would say dinan looks terribly aftermarket whereas evolve has a higher end look like gruppeM does. I have an even Turk and sound is a lot of fun for the $.

Comment

I wouldn't bother with the Dinan intake, the Eventuri is better in every way I can think of. Sounds great honestly.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I had an Eventuri intake (https://www.eventuri.net/products/bmw-e46-m3/) on my race car when I purchased it. When it was being remotely dyno tuned by EPIC, Randy asked what intake I had. I texted him a photo. His response "That's your choke point". We discontinued the dyno tune. I found and installed a used Dinan and never looked back. This isn't a plug for Dinan. Just my experience.

Feff
            Last edited by Feffman; 05-08-2023, 05:38 AM.
            MVP Track Time

Comment

I never liked the idea of open designs like the Eventuri. You might be able to find a used Gruppe M for a reasonable price. I am happy with mine. It seems to make more power and definitely added a nice tone at high rpm. That said, if I had to pay retail I would probably just pony up for the CSL type.

​​​​​

Comment

Dinan >> Eventuri >> CSL
                06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

I’m heavily leaning to the Eventuri intake since I can’t justify the cost of the CSL airbox. This video gives a good idea of what it will sound like with a stock exhaust system.

Comment

I removed a Dinan intake from my car recently. I would be open to selling it but it’s missing the heat shield.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The real question is how much do you want to spend for a nice noise? All intakes will make a cool sound of one flavor or another. Dinan, AFE, K&N I think are the only CARB legal ones I can think of quickly, if that matters for you.

If you really want to increase power from the S54 while staying NA, you gotta do more than just an intake (I'm sure you know that already)
                      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I have a complete AFE kit I just pulled off. It sounds pretty dang good for what it is. Happy to let it go at a good price if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                          The real question is how much do you want to spend for a nice noise? All intakes will make a cool sound of one flavor or another. Dinan, AFE, K&N I think are the only CARB legal ones I can think of quickly, if that matters for you.
                          I want the most expensive solution.
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

I want the most expensive solution.
                            Alright well in that case what you gotta do is buy a real CSL and a house in Germany with a climate controlled garage, and fly over there on weekends to drive it on the unrestricted sections of autobahn, that's the only way to get a fully authentic BMW M experience. Also you gotta get a BMW hat
                            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

It looks like rogue engineering just released a bolt on intake kit with some nice touches

Comment

Working...
                              X