E46 M3 - Dinan vs Eventuri Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    I removed a Dinan intake from my car recently. I would be open to selling it but it’s missing the heat shield.
    Its not a heatshield. I'd call it a sealing plate.

You have to create a high pressure area around the filter to get air to go through the filter. The behind the filter is a low pressure region. The greater the pressure differential, the higher flow you get to the low pressure area - the intake. The filter and tubing are less important than how the area around the filter is sealed to increase air pressure. In the case of the Eventuri, I'm pretty sure most of the air is spilling over the shield into the engine bay which is a low pressure region.

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
      It looks like rogue engineering just released a bolt on intake kit with some nice touches
      I saw that, I think it's an ECIS re-boot.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

I saw that, I think it's an ECIS re-boot.
        Rogue says that intake makes more power than a CSL box, has anyone seen any data to back that up?
        '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
        Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
        Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

Rogue says that intake makes more power than a CSL box, has anyone seen any data to back that up?
          LOL!!!

Rogue is one step above uuc.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

LOL!!!

Rogue is one step above uuc.
            Ouch, got any data for that?
            '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
            Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
            Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Local guy bought RE section 1, 2, & 3 like a week ago. Sect 2 already has cracked.

Sgt, aa, re, bimmerworld et al buy chinese made wares.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Ouch, got any data for that?
                George, I can't take any company seriously that has a product called diablo.

But seriously, do they actually make anything or is it all china shit? I assume it's a bunch of guys sitting in an office and sending designs overseas to produce.

People buy it because they can't afford better stuff. I always cringe when I see an m3 listed for sale and on the mods list is stuff like uuc, rogue, angel eyes, polyurethane bushings, ebay headers etc. God I feel so dirty for typing that.

2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

George, I can't take any company seriously that has a product called diablo.

But seriously, do they actually make anything or is it all china shit? I assume it's a bunch of guys sitting in an office and sending designs overseas to produce.

People buy it because they can't afford better stuff. I always cringe when I see an m3 listed for sale and on the mods list is stuff like uuc, rogue, angel eyes, polyurethane bushings, ebay headers etc. God I feel so dirty for typing that.
                  ah come on man...angel eyes look good...everything else i agree...
                  '06 Carbon Black
                  Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Alright well in that case what you gotta do is buy a real CSL and a house in Germany with a climate controlled garage, and fly over there on weekends to drive it on the unrestricted sections of autobahn, that's the only way to get a fully authentic BMW M experience. Also you gotta get a BMW hat
                    Autobahn ist overrated (trust me, I live over here). Its just straight line with a lot of restricted sections nowadays and most of the time you got traffic...

Whats not overrated: the ring 😋

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post

ah come on man...angel eyes look good...everything else i agree...
                      I think they look awful on everything that is not the e39 they were originally designed for. It might have something to do with how played out they are after Jeep, Dodge, and Chevy ripped them off.

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post

I think they look awful on everything that is not the e39 they were originally designed for. It might have something to do with how played out they are after Jeep, Dodge, and Chevy ripped them off.
                        the opaue and dtm crystel LED versions of the rings don't look good as they look like your typical ebay/aftermket glow ring. i went with the "standard" ring which is thinner and has a more uneven look so it doesn't light up as strong. but to each his own. i like that it matches with my corners #ambergang

Click image for larger version

Name:	187346647_10114188804623679_9214606045260592412_n.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	217843
                        '06 Carbon Black
                        Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                          Autobahn ist overrated (trust me, I live over here). Its just straight line with a lot of restricted sections nowadays and most of the time you got traffic...

Whats not overrated: the ring 😋

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk
                          My wife is from near Mannheim so I've spent actually a lot of time in Germany over the years. You are right. It's always construction and then those tiny lanes for like 30km. But then there are the few and far between glorious stretches that are sweet haha.

Last year I made my 70th lap in a Rent 4 Ring Swift LOL
                          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

BRB, trashing my Rogue Engineering RSMs and trans mounts.
                            Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                            Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post

the opaue and dtm crystel LED versions of the rings don't look good as they look like your typical ebay/aftermket glow ring. i went with the "standard" ring which is thinner and has a more uneven look so it doesn't light up as strong. but to each his own. i like that it matches with my corners #ambergang

Click image for larger version

Name:	187346647_10114188804623679_9214606045260592412_n.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	217843
                              That does look pretty good actually. I am just sick of seeing that bright LED type on every random car.

Comment

I’ve been told that they had a car with a CSL box, had loss of power. Went back to stock with the ECIS intake and made more power.

Many variables here. I have had a gain that I felt when I slightly improved my injen intake shield. About 3 mph increase on the straights at MSR Houston. Touched 143mph at COTA, 6mph better than my previous top speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X