Aftermarket O2 Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket O2 Sensor

New owner here and had a question. I was doing the valve cover yesterday and when I took the vanity cover off, I noticed that the front o2 sensor wiring was pinched in the cover itself at the front. After finishing up that job I figured I would just route it correctly and call it a day. Well I quickly realized that the wire is too short to be routed the traditional way. I am going to assume that isn't normal? The car does have aftermarket Agency headers. Is this just as simple as ordering the correct sensor from BMW or is there some way to route these that I can't see?

Originally posted by Ubaderb View Post
    New owner here and had a question. I was doing the valve cover yesterday and when I took the vanity cover off, I noticed that the front o2 sensor wiring was pinched in the cover itself at the front. After finishing up that job I figured I would just route it correctly and call it a day. Well I quickly realized that the wire is too short to be routed the traditional way. I am going to assume that isn't normal? The car does have aftermarket Agency headers. Is this just as simple as ordering the correct sensor from BMW or is there some way to route these that I can't see?
    How many O2 sensor are plugged in? Either they were routed incorrectly or the two sensors that are necessary (pre-cat O2 sensors) were placed on the bungs farther down the pipes where the post O2s should go. This would not allow enough slack.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

How many O2 sensor are plugged in? Either they were routed incorrectly or the two sensors that are necessary (pre-cat O2 sensors) were placed on the bungs farther down the pipes where the post O2s should go. This would not allow enough slack.
      There are 4 plugged in. I can just barely see through the heatshield and the engine to see what sensor is going where.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubaderb View Post

There are 4 plugged in. I can just barely see through the heatshield and the engine to see what sensor is going where.
        The stock sensors or OEM Bosch sensors should have enough slack.

Comment

With my SSV1s, the O2 wire for the bank 2 header was not long enough to be clipped in the stock places on the valve cover. Looks like the agency power headers have the bung in a similar spot, so that's probably why. Have some pictures of how mine is routed here: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...154#post132154
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
            With my SSV1s, the O2 wire for the bank 2 header was not long enough to be clipped in the stock places on the valve cover. Looks like the agency power headers have the bung in a similar spot, so that's probably why. Have some pictures of how mine is routed here: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...154#post132154
            That might be something I look at. I assume as long as the wires go to their respective bung and plug on the sensor, that the wires can be swapped around? Each wire isn't keyed different on the connector right?

Comment

They are keyed, so they have to stay where they are, unfortunately
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

If the car is catless, it doesn't matter where the o2s are placed so long as they're in the right bank. You should also probably have the post cat O2s and egt disabled if you're catless. On SSV1 I have O2 bungs for the post cat bungs and the SS supplied egt cap.
                2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

There's a header diy here in the diy thread. Use it to see where the pre cat O2s go. As for damaged O2s that need replacing for whatever reason get the OEM Bosch ones. 13949 and 13952.
                  2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Working...
                  X