No announcement yet.

FCAB - what’s best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently put some Turner Monoball FCABs on my car and immediately took them off due to loud clicking. The fitment was terrible. Not trying to bash a product just sharing my experience. I think if I really wanted them to work I’d have to shave down my LCA’s to improve the fitment. Still not sure if that would have worked.

Comment

I've bene using RE street FCAB's for the past 6 years. After a while the poly inserts do get torn up. Perhaps some red rubber grease would help here.

I noticed they have brought out version 2 of their FCAB's. These have grease nipples on then, highlighting the issue :-)

Is there any universal love for a particular brand?

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
        I have a pair of rogue poly FCABs sitting in a box, I am undecided if I will run those or stick with OE. Who has run these and can provide any feedback on the street variant?
        Run new stock and call it a day. My car sees spirited street driving and track time majority of its usage now but I like the car to still be nice on the street. Poly was literal garbage. Noises, horrible compliance, and rough for no real benefit. I did brand new lemforder last year and it was one of the best things I did before my FCM suspension. The car no longer skips over high speed bumps, rides much nicer, and I can confidently push the car much harder on a rough road without it being sketchy.

Only a monoball is better but I haven't seen anyone make a sealed unit yet. Your compliance goes down too and honestly stock is fine if they are new. People fail to realize that the reason they are replacing stock is because its worn, not because its an inferior option.

Also poly doesn't articulate at all so it should not be used in fcabs or rtabs. New rubber is far superior.
        2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

An update to my prior post about my Rogue Engineering poly FCAB that came on my car when purchased and were fine at the time but have now cracked, purchased OE Lemforder to replace them with from FCP. I have also put rubber Meyle HD on my 330Ci daily driver with no issues in 4000 miles so far. Never going back to poly, 10 years and 4 different e46's I have had 3 sets of poly fail, with FCP lifetime warranty even if rubber fails every year they are such an easy swap its a no brainer to run OE rubber on a street car.
          Last edited by Norocehcap; 10-16-2022, 06:04 PM.
          2004 M3-Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red-Coupe-6spd
          2002 330Ci-Topaz Blue Metallic/Black-5spd
          Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

Working...
          X