FCAB - what’s best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCAB - what’s best?

I’m planning on my list of items for a front end refresh to go along with rod bearings this fall. One of those items are the FCABs. I was planning on doing OEM or the OE equivalent, however I know there are some other options out there. Is there a particular material that responds better without making the ride harsh for street driving? My car is mostly a weekend warrior and garage queen. So far, I have been restoring/building it to OEM+.
    2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

I use the Turner delrin monoballs in my HPDE car and they're fantastic. I have Rogue's street poly offering in my daily. This is the only bushing position in which I prefer poly on a street car.

Comment

Turner Monoballs or if too much I would do OEM. Seen a bunch of premature failures on most poly.
      06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Oe or lemforder rubber for street car. Solid kills the steering for me. Poly will shake/vibrate you to death. You'll feel everything, good and bad. With rubber, the bad is isolated and you just get that beautifully sweet bmw steering.

There are many good mods to do for better grip and behavior up front imo.
        Last edited by Tbonem3; 05-06-2020, 09:59 PM.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Anyone use the rein branded ones?

Comment

Can anyone chime in the NVH on the turner monoball? They claim there isn't but I'm not so sure

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post
              Anyone use the rein branded ones?
              Rein is the R in CRP (Continental-Rein-Pentosin), so not a cheap knockoff brand per se. Some of their stuff I've bought has been totally fine and clearly equivalent to OEM. But I've also heard of some parts being low quality. I don't know where the FCABs would fall

Comment

Now i'm with BW TrackCAB and works great.

Comment

I used Powerflex purple for my flcab replacement.
                  They are as comfortable as OE.
                  I have had a set for ten years on an E30 chassis and they are still tight.
                  A Longevity issue for poly/OE flcabs is the heat coming off those cars with the cats up in the primaries.
                  The right side flcab gets baked by the exhaust and the factory cup headshield is insufficient. I think 50k miles is all one can expect from the rs flcab with the factory heat shield.
                  I would not use poly to replace OE bushing material on any other chassis/suspension area of a street daily. The NVH is tiresome when punting around town. I made this mistake with AKG poly for the diff mounts in my E36 M3.

Comment

I have Turner Motorsport Poly 80A - which are a softer version of the 95A - they're supposed to be somewhere in the middle between a solid and stock bushing. They use a delrin sleeve to mate to the control arm. I've only driven 6 miles on them, but I can't say I noticed any noise/vibration. So far, so good.
                    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Another vote for OE/Lemford.

T​​​​he part is easy to replace and cheap enough that I would prefer replacing them with OE parts as they wear.

Had poly installed for a short time and I wish I had known!

Comment

Been running Oe Lemforder for several years now, good quality, very comfortable, before ran AKG poly 95a which failed prematurely would not recommed poly fcab, recently pulled trigger on Turner Monoballs after hearing good things about them, haven't installed them as yet though, will report back with results how they feel.

Comment

Oe lemforder for me. I tried rouges poly and the front right melted after a year.

Comment

Think I’m leaning Lemforder at the moment. Will continue to monitor what feedback comes through
                            2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

I recently had Poly FCABs fail prematurely, likely exacerbated by crappy Michigan roads, and replaced with OE. I forget how Columbus roads are but if there are rough areas, OE is probably your best bet for a street car. Much more forgiving without any large noticeable detriment.
                              -Brandon
                              2005 M3 BMW Individual Sterling Gray / Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Working...
                              X