No announcement yet.

CSL trunk: OE vs Karbonius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did OE on my street car and status gruppe on the race car. Fitment wasn't too bad on the CF replica but not as good as OEM of course. But it didn't bother me. A lot lighter tough.

Comment

In case of installing CF CSL trunk, can u use the two gas pressurized springs that were used with steel OE trunk lid? Just wondering weight wise, if the CF trunk is not way too light for the springs that were originally designed to lift heavy steel lid.

Comment

Originally posted by RazorM View Post
        In case of installing CF CSL trunk, can u use the two gas pressurized springs that were used with steel OE trunk lid? Just wondering weight wise, if the CF trunk is not way too light for the springs that were originally designed to lift heavy steel lid.
        If you're sticking with OEM shocks, I believe one can do the job with a CF CSL trunk, two is overkill and will throw the trunk up quickly upon release. There's a thread on here where less pressurized shocks were used. I bought two of the lighter shocks so I can run them on both sides, I was worried about warping if you're pulling down one side only.

Comment

Working...
        X