Refinishing Factory 19" Style 67 Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refinishing Factory 19" Style 67 Wheels

Has anyone had any luck with closely matching the factory wheels in color? The 19" vs 18" seem like a machined finish as opposed to a painted one right? Google did take me to the Prismatic Powders Ultra Black Chrome color. They even had a picture of a set done. Looks pretty good to me but if anyone else has any suggestions I am here for it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheels.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	222232
    Last edited by Ubaderb; 06-16-2023, 08:29 PM.

Yeah they're machined and clear coated. If you look closely, you can see the machining marks on factory wheels.

To fully match the factory finish, you need to remachine and reclear.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

They are actually powder coated in clear. I too have looked into it but have yet to find “the shop” that can make them look like new.

Comment

I have yet to see any that were redone and a 100% OE match. Would love to find someone able to do that.
        IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
        A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
        Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
        Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
        Touring S62 6MT
        Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

I had mine refinished by alloy wheel repair in norcross, ga. Came out very nice. They stripped them to bare metal, repaired a little curb rash, bead polished the entire wheel, painted the inner barrel and insides of the spokes, then cleared the entire wheelset.

High-quality wheel refinishing services across the United States. Return your damaged rims to their original condition. Search for a location close to you.

Comment

Comment

The green was their masking material before paint

Comment

Originally posted by SE46 View Post
                I had mine refinished by alloy wheel repair in norcross, ga. Came out very nice. They stripped them to bare metal, repaired a little curb rash, bead polished the entire wheel, painted the inner barrel and insides of the spokes, then cleared the entire wheelset.
                That sounds like the process... polished not machined... how much did they charge... I've been quoted $400 a wheel for that same process.

maw

Comment

I paid $200/wheel last year.

Comment

Originally posted by SE46 View Post
                    I paid $200/wheel last year.
                    How long was the turnaround? Wheels look great BTW. I'm not sure I would even do mine in the factory color. Might get silly with it in some Imola or Black.

maw
                    Last edited by maw1124; 06-18-2023, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Mine was about $220 a wheel and came out great. Machined and clear coated.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post
                        Mine was about $220 a wheel and came out great. Machined and clear coated.

Where did you get yours done? And would you mind posting some pics? Thanks...

Comment

Sorry I thought I added the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE46M3 View Post

Where did you get yours done? And would you mind posting some pics? Thanks...
                            I had the place below do the work.

Welcome to Crown Customs and Coatings, where we transform your automotive dreams into reality. As your premier one-stop destination, we specialize in a wide array of services designed to cater to every aspect of your automotive project, no matter its size or complexity. From Powder Coating, Performance modifications an

Comment

GreyM340i , Looks great. Where was the work done? Thanks!
                              EDIT: Oh I should have refreshed before typing.

Comment

Working...
                              X