Mishimoto Electric Fan Install - Relay position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY: Mishimoto Electric Fan Install - Relay position

Has anyone replaced their manual clutch fan with the Mishimoto Electric fan that has pictures of where the fan relay was installed? I am trying to install mine and for the life of me don't see where they mount the relay in the install instructions/videos.

(https://www.mishimoto.com/mwdownload...ad/link/id/533 - page 2, step 8)

(https://youtu.be/LLhZHmLBcTQ?t=215 | 3:35min)

I don't see a metal beam where the ABS system is. I am kind of surprise that Mishimoto haven't build mount(s) on the fan/frame for the relay.

Is this the 'box' in the engine bay on passenger side near the windshield?​ Mine is essential an empty void.

The picture you have is from an mk20 car where the ABS is on the passenger side “drug bin”. You have a newer car with the abs under the master cylinder. Just use a zip tie or self tapping screw and mount it anywhere in that compartment.

Comment

I'll try find the photos but I deleted my SAP and then highjacked the wiring and extended it and have the Relay in the ECU box. So I think I extended the Relay wiring for the SAP from under the glove-box (RHD car) into the ECU box and then use the SAP power wires to power the fan. Changed the SAP fuse to 30Aso its fused in the fuse box as if it was the SAP.

Comment

I personally installed it in passenger side drug bin, used tesa tape to hide ugly colored wires and made bit more factory looking, in my case my car is 2004 and abs system is not in drug bin so it was easy to mount along with catch can system.

Also is mishimoto even good? honestly atm i don't even know, i installed mishimoto electric fan with it's relay kit, along with new water pump and new thermostat and when i do good 2 pulls it's almost getting to overheating temps but i use heater or full blast on to keep temps down, my engine is healthy NA, headgasket is ok, thermostat is borgwarner brand but water pump is not oem, it's made in Spain so idk about quality of it, probably i should have waited for oem pump... since i removed my fan clutch and renewed my cooling system it got even worse than it was before, im trying to determing which part is causing overheating, if it's not oem pump or mishimoto.
        i would appreciate to know your thoughts on this
        side notes: i do run TMS 3 pulley kit which comes with bigger water pump pulley which i guess also has some effect on pump performance, i also have front aux fan which seems to be not working even tho i turn AC it's always off, turning AC in traffic also tends to raise temps as well
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks everyone. Thats the bit that was throwing me off. Their smuggler's bin has the ABS. I will poke around after work today.

Comment

Originally posted by Theraqa View Post
            I personally installed it in passenger side drug bin, used tesa tape to hide ugly colored wires and made bit more factory looking, in my case my car is 2004 and abs system is not in drug bin so it was easy to mount along with catch can system.

Also is mishimoto even good? honestly atm i don't even know, i installed mishimoto electric fan with it's relay kit, along with new water pump and new thermostat and when i do good 2 pulls it's almost getting to overheating temps but i use heater or full blast on to keep temps down, my engine is healthy NA, headgasket is ok, thermostat is borgwarner brand but water pump is not oem, it's made in Spain so idk about quality of it, probably i should have waited for oem pump... since i removed my fan clutch and renewed my cooling system it got even worse than it was before, im trying to determing which part is causing overheating, if it's not oem pump or mishimoto.
            i would appreciate to know your thoughts on this
            side notes: i do run TMS 3 pulley kit which comes with bigger water pump pulley which i guess also has some effect on pump performance, i also have front aux fan which seems to be not working even tho i turn AC it's always off, turning AC in traffic also tends to raise temps as well

Mishimoto and SPAL seem to be the two aftermarket clutch fan replacements to go with. Neighbor across the way has them in his E46 race cars and seems to be happy with them. I will let you know if I see any notice in engine temps as a DD or when I am on the track.

Thx

Comment

Working...
            X