No announcement yet.

E46 M3 Timing Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WELL! I decided to try checking everything, starting with easy stuff. Aaaaand turns out during a 3RD CLEANING of the Solenoid valve body, boom, 1 of them will NOT click open or closed (magnet, which easily opens all 3 others). I must have been a bit rushed and heard the 3rd one clicking and assumed it was the 4th one 🙄🙄.

But I did multiple cleaning sprays, in and out, brake and carb cleaner etc, even soaked in gas but I just cannot get this sucker to click open and closed. Is it hooped and completely knackered? Any tricks to force this thing to open or closed and otherwise bring it back from the dead???

Comment

Originally posted by kevvygp View Post
      WELL! I decided to try checking everything, starting with easy stuff. Aaaaand turns out during a 3RD CLEANING of the Solenoid valve body, boom, 1 of them will NOT click open or closed (magnet, which easily opens all 3 others). I must have been a bit rushed and heard the 3rd one clicking and assumed it was the 4th one 🙄🙄.

But I did multiple cleaning sprays, in and out, brake and carb cleaner etc, even soaked in gas but I just cannot get this sucker to click open and closed. Is it hooped and completely knackered? Any tricks to force this thing to open or closed and otherwise bring it back from the dead???
      What type of magnet are you using? Ultrasonic is the only thing I can think of that might clean whatever is stuck in there; otherwise, you should be able to find a used unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

What type of magnet are you using? Ultrasonic is the only thing I can think of that might clean whatever is stuck in there; otherwise, you should be able to find a used unit.
        +1 for ultrasonic bath

Comment

Working...
        X