Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Are We Buying CSL Bumpers These Days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Are We Buying CSL Bumpers These Days?

I had always intended on buying a Mile End Composites CSL front bumper and rear diffuser, but the owner apparently completely disappeared a couple of years ago. Recently got the piece right behind the convertible top for my '04 Laguna Seca Blue repainted as it had spent a couple years outside in my driveway and the clear coat was bubbling and coming off in multiple locations.

Moved to a new house with a 2 car garage and figured it was time to get that fixed so i did. Unfortunately, a spot of the clear also bubbled on the front bumper. I asked the body shop if they could just do a localized repair and respray of the clear there, but they said no and it'd be around $1,400 to have to whole bumper repainted. Under prior ownership there was, apparently, a small frontal impact that left a small raised area and crack on the top of the bumper. Not noticeable unless you look closely, but I'm not going to pay that much to have an imperfect front bumper painted.

So, now's the time to slap a CSL bumper on there like I've always dreamed of! Where are the best quality CSL bumpers coming from these days?

Also, did anyone ever figure out WTF happened to the Mile End Composites guy? Did covid get him, did he borrow money from the wrong people and have both his knees broken?

Forget about Miles End Composites, you won't be able to get ahold of them unless by some miracle. Even if you did, I'm certain they have plenty of friends waiting in line for their next one.

If I had to choose today to get a CSL bumper, I'd go with Alsatek. One of the members here Matt has/had a GB for them, they're pricey but the quality/fit/finish looks to be worth it. In my search, I just opted for a OEM Euro Bumper because of the Alsatek lead time.

Comment

Second for Euroconnex, Matt facilitates some of the nicest parts for our cars. I always shop around and up coming back and ordering from there.

Specifications: Made in the USA 1x1 pre-preg carbon construction, cured in autoclave Finish options: Raw carbon Primer Weight: 3.7 kg CSL splitters are included  
      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Peter from Vorsteiner is making CSL parts again.

Just wait a bit and they will be available again stateside.
        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 BMW ///M3
        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Mile End Composites made a really good bumper. I just installed mine over the weekend!
          Last edited by toy4to; 07-27-2023, 06:32 AM.

Comment

“Some say that last week he was found in a locked room tied to a chair with German piano wire and been there since 2020. And that this week, he is making CSL parts from fancy material. All we know is he’s called the Mile End Composite guy.”

2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
            2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
            2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Man.. I want one of those to just hang on the wall and look at. Beautiful.

Comment

Holy sweet baby Jesus. Jc's latest batch??

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                “Some say that last week he was found in a locked room tied to a chair with German piano wire and been there since 2020. And that this week, he is making CSL parts from fancy material. All we know is he’s called the Mile End Composite guy.”

Comment

Originally posted by toy4to View Post
                  Holy sweet baby Jesus. Jc's latest batch??

Special order I asked long time ago

It was for my Alpine White Slicktop but will be for my Estoril finally cause my LSB and Tiag will be sold soon

Comment

Sure wish my boss would let me use our 40 and 30 foot autoclaves to build my own stuff! *we make aerospace composites*

Comment

I'd be down for a 1x1 CF CSL bumper.

AND I'm only a 5 hour drive from Montreal.

I just gotta avoid my aunt while I'm there LOL
                      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                      2005 BMW ///M3
                      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Is it true that MEC CSL covers can fit the kevlar bumper?

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post
                          Exact, the 3 I have are for the carbon/kevlar rebar. But he also has a mold for 2001/aluminum rebar version.

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post
                            100% true. And no need to use a CSL washer fluid reservoir. I installed mine last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by toy4to View Post

100% true. And no need to use a CSL washer fluid reservoir. I installed mine last weekend.
                              This! Just need to reuse the ‘’4 suction cups’’ from your OEM bumper.

Comment

Working...
                              X