No announcement yet.

PSA - Lifetime Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would want to get some hard clarification from ECS about things like preventative maintenance vs "failure" or "fully used." Without better definition of those terms, the customer doesn't really have a guarantee of anything.

Plus it's not like ECS is known for their exemplary customer service to begin with.
    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

Just out of curiosity, what does it typically cost you to ship ~6L of oil back to FCP?
      Using Pirate Ship I've sent back oil for $20-$30, and that's from southern California to CT which has to be at / near the highest rate based on distance.
      '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
      All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

I think its more for the "preventive maintenance" folks sending back perfectly good radiators with 50k on them.
        I sent back a nearly new set of brake rotors and pads because I was getting really bad pulsing. I didn't know if it was coming from the front or back. I contacted them first and they said just send them all back and reorder new ones. Not exactly cheap to send those back though

Comment

I asked what FCP's policy on pad replacement was and they said there was no "spec" for what used was and I could send them back at anytime. I send them when I don't think I can get a weekend out of them, but by their own admission I could use them one weekend and send them back. I think ECS's policy is to prevent people taking advantage of the program like they are with FCP.

Then you have the people who sell a car and essentially facilitate "transferring" the lifetime warranty to the new owner. Or the person who uses up the brake pads, gets a free replacement set and then sells the new pads. Lots of ways to scam the system and FCP is pivoting to correct this. ECS is just doing what I believe FCP will eventually be doing as well.
          '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
          Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
          Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by dukeofchen View Post

Using Pirate Ship I've sent back oil for $20-$30, and that's from southern California to CT which has to be at / near the highest rate based on distance.
            Should be even cheaper for us west-coast people once their Utah facility is up and running.

Comment

Might be a dumb question but relevant – When sending back used oil, how do you package it? Back into the oil canister and throw it in a box? Seems so dumb to me to send used oil across the country but hey it's their program
              - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Comment

Yep, just like that. I did it once, and I put it inside of a sealed plastic bag just in case. Has to be sent via ground, no air.
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Regardless of their policy update, FCP still ships their goods with more security than ECS. I sometimes receive items without any packing paper.

Comment

Even with ECS having adopted FCP's lifetime warranty policy, unless there's a HUGE price disparity I can't see using them over FCP. I've consistently had 100% positive FCP experiences, even outside of the lifetime guarantee. ECS... not so much.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I have a wholesale acct with ECS and FCP as well as a personal acct at FCP.

FCP has refunded me a bunch on shipping due to missed dates, they are easy to get ahold of a random employee and get refunded but that doesn't always help when I've missed a deadline.

What I do like about ECS is that when I have a part or shipping question there are a set group of guys that I email and get a fast and clear response. I feel like the FCP team is just reading the box so if there is anything technical I need answered, good luck. Maybe its wholesale vs retail but I very much enjoy the ECS customer service team vs the FCP team. Not trying to change anyones opinion but I feel the need to say that I have had many more good experiences than bad with ECS.

With that said I do presently have orders played with both companies.
                      '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                      Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                      Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                        Even with ECS having adopted FCP's lifetime warranty policy, unless there's a HUGE price disparity I can't see using them over FCP. I've consistently had 100% positive FCP experiences, even outside of the lifetime guarantee. ECS... not so much.
                        Exactly right.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                          I checked a few items and ECS was noticeably more expensive.

My only complaints with FCP are shipping related:
                          -Slow shipping times. With the standard free shipping option, they won't ship for several days and then it takes 1.5 weeks to show up in CA. It often means more than 2 weeks from order to delivery.
                          -Bad packaging. I've received several damaged/crushed items and busted open boxes because they just threw in heavy and delicate items together or used too thin of boxes for the weight of the items.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                            My only complaints with FCP are shipping related:
                            -Slow shipping times. With the standard free shipping option, they won't ship for several days and then it takes 1.5 weeks to show up in CA. It often means more than 2 weeks from order to delivery.
                            Yep, over the years it seems like FCP is slow rolling free shipping more and more. When I need parts where the warranty doesn't matter, and faster shipping options are exorbitant relative to the cost/size of the parts, ECS's standard option dispatches faster and transit times are quicker originating from OH vs. CT.

As long as I'm not in a huge rush it's a decent compromise between the long wait times of FCP and stealer prices.
                            '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
                            All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

This is the situation I find myself in sometimes. Most of the time I plan ahead so the wait time isn't an issue. If I need a part right away I'll order from whoever can get it to me the fastest. FCP is supposed to open a west coast distribution center in AZ so hopefully that cuts down wait times. I will still primarily order through FCP but ECS offering warranty does open up more variety of parts the FCP doesn't carry.
                              2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                              Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                              Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

I get really good pricing on OEM parts but I have bought a couple of things from FCP. Never had an issue, never missed a delivery date.

ECS - they have always responded and did stuff like refund expedited shipping costs when things arrived late. For example, I overnighted a PS pulley and it never showed up. I had to have George bail me out...thank you George! And there is the problem - they are slow so if you're in a pinch ECS is not reliable. Also their aftermarket part offering sucks. They sell junk...but if it is junk they have accepted a return (such as GSP axles) no issues. But its the aggravation and issues with finding a torn axle boot after 100 miles.

Originally posted by George Hill View Post
                                I have a wholesale acct with ECS and FCP as well as a personal acct at FCP.

FCP has refunded me a bunch on shipping due to missed dates, they are easy to get ahold of a random employee and get refunded but that doesn't always help when I've missed a deadline.

What I do like about ECS is that when I have a part or shipping question there are a set group of guys that I email and get a fast and clear response. I feel like the FCP team is just reading the box so if there is anything technical I need answered, good luck. Maybe its wholesale vs retail but I very much enjoy the ECS customer service team vs the FCP team. Not trying to change anyones opinion but I feel the need to say that I have had many more good experiences than bad with ECS.

With that said I do presently have orders played with both companies.

Comment

Working...
                                X